Job ID: 363079
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of CRH, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
Cold Plane Foreperson (Statewide Maine): We are seeking a safety minded, qualified, self-motivated individual to be the Foreperson for a cold plane crew. The selected candidate should be familiar with all aspects of cold planning operations and have the ability to effectively lead and manage a cold plane crew in the field. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: timely communications with trucking, plant, shop, customers and management including knowledge of the cold plane machine and other equipment used during operations and assisting the crew in conflict resolution, communicating and driving down daily cost, participating with the employee evaluation process, training new hires, and coordinate crew logistics. This position will based in Maine and requires travel throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont during the season. Classification: Seasonal hourly position.
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness to perform administrative duties such as timecard review, progress postings (daily quantities) and keep a field journal.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont when needed.
- Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- A valid driver’s license.
What CRH Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Pike Industries, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.