Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features 75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital -home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As community stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it.Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or www.teamacclaim.org.
Description: The Multi Skilled Technician PRN performs technical and clerical duties associated with the care and treatment of patients.
- Performs basic patient care with consideration for age and development stage.
- Assist with patient care in a way that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection, accidental contamination, and protects the patient from injury or harm.
- Obtains and records vital signs, I/O's, weights, basic ECG monitoring, venipunctures, bedside testing, and documents in the patients record as directed by the licensed personnel.
- Delivers and obtains items from other areas of the hospital as required.
- Prepares and assists with admissions, discharges, procedures, ambulating and transfers of patients.
- Assists in monitoring adequate availability and stocking of supplies and equipment according to established PAR levels.
- Performs clerical functions (fax, copier, computer, printer; insurance coding, patient charges, and telephone).
- Monitors patients with restraints or on suicide precautions and documents as directed.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 plus years of experience in recording vital signs, I/Os, weights, basic ECG monitoring, venipunctures, bedside testing, patient transport and/or patient record documentation. OR
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of an accredited medical training program (e.g. EMT-B/I, EMT-P, CMA, CNA, etc.). Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current Nurse Assistant certification from the Texas Department of Public Health (CNAs only).
- Current certification from a national registry as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
- Current registration (EMTS only; or state registered).
- Current JPS recognized BLS - CPR certification and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Must have current licensure, certification, or registration relative to the discipline used to qualify for the position and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Completion of Area Specific Competency Based Orientation Program within the first 90 days of employment. Preferred Education and Experience:
- Completion of basic ECG, Phlebotomy, or Medical Terminology courses.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing school.
Required Education and Experience:
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104