Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn! Substitute teaching is a great opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitute teachers are essential to ensuring students continue to learn and grow every day.
Why substitute teach?
Positively impact the education of students in your own community. Feel good about the work you do. Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available. Enjoy work-life balance.
- Assume duties of the classroom teacher in accordance with school district lesson plans, school rules, and Kelly policies. This includes:
- Leading instruction in the classroom by conducting the teacher’s existing lesson plans
- Instructing students on a variety of classroom topics/courses
- Building positive relationships
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework
- Motivate students to learn, and encourage classroom participation
- Create a classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Adapt to the various learning styles of students
- For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lessons plans, as well as create, administer, and grade tests and assignments
Minimum requirements: < HS Diploma or Equivalent >
Perks you’ll enjoy as a substitute teacher:
- Free online classroom management training to help you become a capable, confident classroom leader
- Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
Why become a substitute food service worker?
- Ensure kids receive nutritious meals to help them move, think, and learn.
- Feel good about the work you do, and service you provide, to kids in your own community.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and work-life balance.
In the absence of a full-time food service worker, the Kelly Education substitute food service worker assists in providing food service preparation and services to students, along with other related kitchen duties, under the direction and supervision of the school district’s full-time professional staff.
- Assist with prep work and cooking of nutritionally balanced meals.
- Properly weigh and measure ingredients and portions.
- Carry pots, pans, utensils, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator, in accordance with school district safety standards.
- Follow all proper food safety and storage rules.
- Operate all mechanical kitchen equipment correctly and safely.
- Clean work areas, equipment, and utensils, and follow all established sanitation procedures.
- Serve students in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Dress in a safe and appropriate manner as described in the Kelly Education Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Assist with money and meal accountability.
- Follow sign-in and sign-out procedures as determined by the school district personnel.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with school district staff
- Ability to positively relate to a younger generation of students
- Ability to withstand frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
“*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will receive a response to your application within < 48-72 hours>. This is an opportunity for you to also get questions answered and learn more about the position.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute teacher? We’re always looking for more role models!
Our commitment to you: Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $66.00 - $100.00 per day
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations