DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $18.50 - $25.90 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
$2,500 Sign-on Bonus for those who qualify!
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Medical Insurance Verifier with HCA Healthcare you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
This position is Full-time with the option to work from home after orientation.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Medical Insurance Verifier to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Medical Insurance Verifier, you will contribute to the company’s mission, vision, and values by verifying benefits and collecting patient information for scheduled surgery center patients. Under the supervision of the CBO Director or Business Office Manager, you will be responsible for payment collection and reimbursement.
What you will do in this role:
- You will obtain insurance pre-certification, verification, and interview patients prior to surgery
- You will verify patient eligibility, authorizations, benefits, and claim information with insurance companies and 3rd party payers
- You are responsible for identifying patient accounts based on PPO, HMO, or other Managed Care Organizations
- You will contact patients and provide updates on benefit verification information and financial responsibility
- You will update the patient communication module, AdvantX, with appropriate authorization and benefit information
- You are responsible for creating financial arrangements, alongside management, when a patient is unable to complete payment
Qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of college or courses in secretarial skills preferred
- One or more years of working experience in a healthcare environment performing clerical duties, business office functions, or billing duties in a hospital or physician practice setting required
Ambulatory Services Division is a growth-oriented business sector of HCA Healthcare. We encompass 140+ surgery centers across 16 states with 3,200 physician partners. We perform outpatient surgery cases in our single and multispecialty centers across HCA Healthcare. We are in more than 13 divisions. The size of our surgery centers creates a culture where everyone knows one another. We have a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Medical Insurance Verifier opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.