Kemet Health is seeking a Medical Assistant whose personal mission is aligned with delivering high-quality, affordable mental health care to those in need.
We are a virtual integrated mental health organization, offering tele-psychiatry and tele-therapy in many states, and operate outpatient clinics in Springfield, Virginia, and Nashville, TN. We operate a multi-lingual practice, with regular additions of new services, and accept multiple private insurance plans.
We are looking for a Medical Assistant to accelerate the growth of our practice as we hire additional care delivery providers. The position has the opportunity to grow both professionally and financially, as we hope for this individual to become an executive of the organization and leader of the department.
Location: Virtual (fully remote via telemedicine)
Type: Full Time (W-2) with health benefits or Part Time (1099)
The Medical Assistant will be the primary growth engine for our growing team with the following responsibilities.
- Clinical Assisting o Assessing PHQ-9 and GAD-7 screenings with new and existing clients over the phone o Triaging Psychiatric and Therapy teams appropriately for inbound referrals
- Client Relationship Management o First point of contact o Answering insurance-related questions o Discuss self-pay rates as requested o Pharmacy Due Diligence - Active patient & clinician verification o Refill Request – Verification, note compliance and follow up with clinician team
- Clinician Relationship Management o Schedule Clients with providers based on understanding and fit o Prior Authorization requests – Initiating requests, submission of clinical notes, checking updating status o Release of information - Sending documentation to patients to sign, fax over notes or letter written by the doctor. o Weekend Schedule Management o Daily Reminders- Sending appointment reminders to each patient scheduled with copay amount that will be collected and link to appointment
- Billing o Collecting Payments – Verification of patient and payment before processing o Emailing receipts to all patients o Authorize copayments collect as they come in and send out receipts. o Verifying the patient’s insurance is in-network o Download and migrate data to EHRs
- Able to work independently and provide proactive strategy about department direction
- Process driven, detail oriented and highly organized
- Exemplary written and verbal communication
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality in handling sensitive enrollment issues
- Ability to work from home
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Value alignment with our mission: expanding treatment access for those who need it most
- Enthusiasm and ability to take leadership of billing and accounts receivable at our practice
- Individuals seeking an opportunity to advance their careers
- Team players who can multi-task and have excellent communication skills
This is a small and growing practice. Absent is any sense of corporate influence.
The organization was founded to increase the happiness of humanity.
We hope you will join us.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- behavioral health administrative: 2 years (Preferred)
- PHQ-9 or GAD-7 survey: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote