Job descriptionPosition Information Position Title Media Relations and Marketing Office Assistant
Job Type Staff
Position Information Resumes are currently being accepted for a full-time, contractual, twelve month, non-exempt position with limited benefits.
- Assists with the overall day-to-day operation of the media relations office;
- Assists with publicity efforts for all 15 sponsored sports;
- Writes press releases and feature stories;
- Produces and edits game notes, game programs and media guides;
- Creates graphics and designs using Adobe Creative Suite software;
- Updates, monitors and engage through the department’s social media accounts;
- Submits reports and stats to the conference office and NCAA as needed;
- Assist in the maintenance of the official website at www.easternshorehawks.com;
- Assist with game-day operations, including media relations, game management and statistical services;
- Helps establish and maintain historical records; trains and supervises student-workers and game-day staff;
- Assists in distributing all information to local, regional and national media; and serves as the main contact point for several sports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Classification 27-0000 Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with basic computer applications
- Bachelor’s degree in sports journalism, sports administration, public relations or related field.
- Experience working in a university sports information, media relations or similar setting.
- Familiarity with StatCrew and Desktop Publishing software.
- Understanding of a wide range of sports and statistics.
- Video and photography experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills to include written communication.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability, ability to perform under deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and be creative with strong initiative.
- Ability to operate basic computer applications.
- Must be able to travel with assigned teams for competitions, including weekends and/or holidays.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate must be able to show acceptable documentation establishing the right to accept employment in the United States of America without employer sponsorship.
Salary Commensurate with experience.