Imperial Industrial Supply is one of the nation’s largest retailers of power tools and outdoor power equipment. While offering the same products and brands as the big box stores, Imperial Industrial Supply sets itself apart with its customer centric team delivering an unmatched experience, whether in-person, online or even by calling and speaking to one of our friendly representatives. We have been in business for over 35 years and have stayed true to our roots; offering great prices and same day shipping on thousands of items delivered within 1-3 days nationwide. Who works at Imperial Industrial Supply? We are a fun mix of old school and new school employees who have an average tenure of over 10 years. Our team is flexible, collaborative, and eager to embrace the difficulties that arise because we believe that overcoming problems together allows us to further our skills and talents.
The Mechanical Support Specialist will provide exceptional customer support through multiple communication channels to diagnose and walk customers through the steps needed to fix a variety of mechanical issues. We are seeking a well-organized, positive energy, detail-oriented professional to assist customers with troubleshooting products and resolving any emerging issues, ultimately resulting in an exceptional customer experience. The ideal candidate will possess skills or have the ability to learn troubleshooting skills for a large range of products to include but not limited to generators and outdoor power equipment.
· Manage a high level of inbound and outbound calls.
- Provide customers with step-by-step product support through phone, email, chat and multi-platform communications.
- Varying inbound or outbound requests can include troubleshooting, diagnosing, programming and part assistance.
- Maintain proficiency in product knowledge, troubleshooting, and customer instruction.
- Report timely and well documented information regarding product performance and potential product concerns.
- Provide creative ideas for preventing and/or solving technical service concerns (i.e. internal operating procedures, product service tools and techniques, technical relations, product issues, etc.)
- Participates in development of new products, modification of existing products, and termination of ineffective products.
· Must possess a basic understanding of electrical & engine component principles.
· 2+ years of customer service experience in a high-volume call center environment.
· Must have reliable internet connection and stable professional work environment.
· Ability to cooperate with and support other members of customer service team.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· A high comfort level typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
· Demonstrated proficiency using conferencing/collaboration software (Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams, Slack)
What to expect
· Numbers driven: Data cannot be denied.
· Executors: Actions trump talkers - Plan, execute, review and improve.
· Customer Centric: Without them, we would not be here.
· Growth mindset: From our team and partners - We want to see everyone succeed.
· Optimistic: We learn much from our successes, but even more from our failures.
Why Imperial Industrial Supply?
· Competitive pay
· Medical, dental and vision
· Paid holidays
· Company bonus
· Product discount
· IRA savings plan with company match
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Required)
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
- Engine component/Electrical component knowledge: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote