Davis-Standard is a global leader in the design, development and distribution of extrusion and converting technology. Our systems encompass over 11 product lines to support manufacturing applications and customers in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, building & construction, consumer products, medical, and packaging.
Davis-Standard has an immediate opening in the Fulton, New York location for a Mechanical Engineer.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design continuous web handling machinery to sold specifications.
- Solve moderately complex machinery designs as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Calculate stress, deflections, and theoretical analysis. FEA Analysis background is a plus.
- Select proper materials for design requirements.
- Design in both 3D and 2D CAD applications. SolidWorks/AutoCAD
- Lead efforts of other designers on large projects under supervision of the Engineering Manager.
- Participate on Project Teams for contract and design review.
- Coordination of scope requirements between the controls and mechanical groups.
- Provide Sales with technical help on customer presentations and proposals
- Act as liaison between manufacturing, engineering and sales representatives.
- Participate in customer sales meetings and be able to lead other designers and draftspersons.
- Travel up to 5% for customer visits, vendor meetings, and start-up’s as required.
- Associates or better in Engineering
- Honesty and integrity
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Oral and Written Communication
- Task oriented