• Top Searches:

Mechanical Engineer Assistant-Part-time

S.F. Engineering
Full Time
New York, NY
Posted Today
Job description

***If you are not in New York, please do not apply***

Job Description:
We are an engineering firm focus in building energy efficiency. We are hiring both senior level and entry level staffs. Entry level engineer will be assisting engineers to perform Local Law 87 compliance for multifamily buildings, commercial/industrial buildings as well as hospital, education facilities. Execution of ASHRAE energy audits including identification and quantification of ECM, RCM, cost estimates and payback periods.

  • Perform energy audits and retro-commissioning per Local Law 87 requirements
  • Identify energy conservation measures and retro-commissioning deficiencies
  • Develop and execute performance testing plans for HVAC equipment, such as AHUs, Chillers, Boilers
  • Perform calculations of energy savings
  • Prepare EER reports per Local Law 87 requirements
  • Supervise staff in the execution of project
  • Be responsible for technical and financial aspects of projects
  • Ensure customer/client satisfaction for tasks performed

Skills & Qualifications:
For entry level candidates:

  • Personal vehicle
  • Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)

For senior level engineer:

  • A minimum of 2 years’ experience in ASHRAE Energy Audits and Retro-commissioning
  • PE, CEM and/or CBCP is desirable
  • Experience in creating Local Law 87 EER reports
  • Experience in DOB comprehensive reviews for Local Law 87
  • Field experience with HVAC systems - boiler, chillers, air-handlers.

Job Type: Full-time

Pay: $20.00 - $100.00 per hour


  • Monday to Friday

Application Question(s):

  • Are you currently living in New York?
  • What is your salary expectation


  • Bachelor's (Required)


  • ASHRAE Energy Audit: 1 year (Preferred)
  • Local Law 87: 1 year (Preferred)


  • Driver's License and Personal vehicle (Required)

Work Location: Multiple Locations

Intrested in this job?