Job Title: Mechanical Engineer - Mechanical Engineer 2
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 (Onsite)
-Bachelor's degree required in Mechanical Engineering
- Hours: Basic hours 8a-5p, however start and end times are flexible as long the hours total 8 hours.
- Position requires on-site work. Please note at the top of the resume if the candidate is willing to relocate if needed, or if they are already within a reasonable commute.
- Candidate must work onsite at Melbourne office. Position requires candidates to come onsite as parts of the position are hands on. Candidate must reside within a reasonable commute. Will start fully on-site for roughly the first 2 weeks, then will move to a hybrid capacity working mostly from home, but coming onsite once or twice a week for hands on hardware needs.
- Position will not be project based, candidates will be assigned work on an Ad Hoc basis to help support multiple projects.
-NX Mentor graphics CAD experience is critical. SolidWorks CAD program experience is a bonus.
- Looking for a P2 or early P3 level candidate. Please submit candidates with appropriate rates for their experience.
The Aerospace Avionics Test Engineering organization is looking for a motivated individual to be a Mechanical Engineer to join our team of engineers (including systems, electrical, and software disciplines) developing complex engineering solutions. This engineer will be responsible mechanical development and delivery of test equipment solutions for the Traffic, Surveillance and Weather Radar product lines at the Melbourne, Florida facility.
The Avionics Test Engineering organization is a global engineering organization responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the manufacturing test solutions in support of the $5B Avionics strategic business unit as well as external customers including armed services and airlines both domestic and international. As a key member of the Avionics Test Engineering team, the Mechanical Engineer ensures the successful execution of test solution projects from inception, through deployment to customers, as well as long-term support. Typical test solutions include Top Level LRU functional test benches for Hardware testing, card level test stations, ESS stations, boundary scan and power supply test benches. Test benches have high precision fixture design, tolerances analysis, and electro-mechanical design.
The ideal candidate will have an unwavering positive attitude, be highly responsive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and strive to perform high-quality work proactively and efficiently. This person will consistently demonstrate professionalism in their interactions with all levels of the organization and will routinely go above and beyond expectations in performing their work. They will have strong project execution, systems engineering, and critical thinking skills.
This is a role requiring versatility across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative environment. The role requires working closely with engineers and leaders, at various locations around the globe, to ensure project success. Organizationally, the role reports to an Engineering Manager in the Avionics Test Engineering organization.
- Typical Duties: Mechanical designer for avionics test solutions, Support laboratory validation of test equipment designs, develop and validate tooling concepts, author and maintain test equipment documentation, define test equipment facilities requirements, participation on program product development teams, review drawings and concepts, and resolve Design for Manufacturing (DFM) concerns.
- This position includes the responsibilities (but is not limited to): Design, implement, and maintain test solutions
- Ensure project meets quality expectations
- Take a leadership role in driving action in the development, planning and implementation of timely and effective corrective actions for problems during product manufacturing and testing
- Participate in testing and data analysis with all aspects of the engineering department
- Duties include the interpretation/analysis of customer test requirements and subsequent cost estimates to support an appropriate test program
- Responsibilities also include daily interface with Program, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering organizations to ensure that customer requirements and commitments are consistently met.
- Candidate must have 3-5 + years of experience working on the manufacture of complex mechanical systems.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in the mechanical engineering discipline.
- Experience should include design and supporting complex mechanical systems
- Sheet metal/aluminum design experience
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) with CAD software
- Printed circuit board mechanical layout, mounting solutions, mechanical keep out areas
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams including Electrical, Systems, Software, and Quality Engineers.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to delegate work to draftsmen.
- Applicant must have the capability of working independently and be self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment and experience in using any type of Publishing Software
- 3D modeling experience with a parametric CAD software. Ideally NX, SolidWorks, Creo, Inventor, Fusion 360, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Continuous improvement methods (ACE or the DMAIC model) and demonstrated use of their tools is desirable.
- Experience with a MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system is desirable.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Familiarity with design for manufacturing (DFM)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Melbourne, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location