Goodwill Industries of Kentucky is looking for a high energy, positive attitude, team-minded Material Handler to join our team! This position is essential for the success of our retail store operation. The ideal candidate will support our core values of respect, excellence and integrity with a focus on great customer service. If you are looking for an opportunity that allows you to reach new goals while helping other’s in your community, the Material Handler opportunity is for you!
Our retail operation is an important part of who we are and what we do. It fuels our good work across the Kentucky Bluegrass, generating revenue for programs and services while providing job opportunities to many of who face limited options. Every role within our retail operations helps us further our mission of empowering people to increase the dignity and independence that comes with earning a paycheck and achieving self-sufficiency.
Pay: $12.00 / hour
Job Type: Full-time
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Essential Duties and Tasks:
- Assist each donor or Goodwill transportation staff with unloading donations from donor vehicles or store trucks using rolling carts or dollies, as necessary.
- Maintains a positive shopping experience by providing excellent customer service.
- Perform basic housekeeping duties to keep cleanliness of the store and donation area.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- No education
- 1 year of production experience preferred
- Ability to lift/carry 25 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
- 403(b) Plan
- Company 403(b) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 8 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Free career coaching, including financial training and digital literacy
- Flexible schedule
- Access to our Goodwill Cars to Work program
- Mission-centric career
When we say mission-centric career, what do we mean? When you work at Goodwill, you work to help fund employment programs for Kentuckians who have disabilities or other challenges to entering the workforce. You get paid, but you also help your neighbors in need!
Have a background challenge? That’s OK, too! Goodwill is a proud second-chance employer.
Goodwill Industries of Kentucky is an EEO/AA employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity