Job descriptionWhat You Will Do:
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining the Item and Vendor master, control the upkeep of the master data, ensuring data integrity in the ERP system.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Maintains the Item and Vendor master in the ERP system and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Resolves discrepancies in the data and conducts analysis to determine root cause. Validate item requirements for the accurate setup of item master and contracted specials in Infor Contract Management in accordance to system quality and procedures
- Analyze submitted add/change templates to ensure the integrity of the item master will not be compromised by completion of the request. Analysis to include non-allowance of duplicate items, the usage of standardized nomenclature via the use of item naming guidelines, contractual compliance, appropriate usage of expense account, UNSPSC Code, GTIN and the inclusion of EAP codes where appropriate
- Assists the Supervisor in maintaining General Ledger (G/L) accuracy, by ensuring all supplies being purchased via the Item Table and non-catalog purchases are coded to the appropriate G/L code to aid in management of accuracy in cost allocation and possible reclassification of expense.
- Maintain and enhance item and vendor master data governance rule, standard operating procedures, naming convention and other enterprise data standards.
- Organizes and assists with routine clean-up of the Item and Vendor master Table to ensure system integrity; including all projects related to Supply Chain initiatives.
- Conduct routine audits to proactively identify data exception errors (price, unit of measure, catalog number, etc.) using department tools such as MS Access, Excel, Nuvia and DataLynx.
- Responsible for understanding all system interfaces and processes that affects the Item /Vendor master, Epic and Pyxis
- Provide guidance and general information on item master, contracted specials, contracts and vendors. Supply details for corrections needed through quality control of the system and processing errors.
- Accountable for validation of all item and vendor master data inputs to ensure business rules and requirements are meet.
- Identify and document non-contract item add requests thru established processes. Obtain approvals/denials for non-contract items by working with the various business units.
- Provide support to Purchasing, Account Payable and Materials Management to ensure Item Table functions are coordinated properly.
- Assists the Supervisor to develop, generate and analyze statistical and financial reports as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education & Experience
- An Associate’s degree in a business related field and 3+ years applicable experience within supply chain environment.
- Working knowledge of Infor/Lawson S3 and Landmark product suite including but not limited to setup, maintenance and reporting features.
- Familiarity with other related systems including GHX, Vizient, Nuvia and Epic,
- Healthcare experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have good analytical skills and understanding of item master data point, UNSPSC, GTIN and inventory principles.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications with MS Excel and MS Access with intermediate to advanced knowledge to perform VLOOKUPS, PIVOT TABLES and other complicated formulas. Create queries in MS Access, link multiple tables and combine data.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary in dealing with a variety of healthcare and finance professionals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with high attention to details and accuracy
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.