Job descriptionNYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that builds and cares for public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play and enjoy. These public spaces, encompassing over 5,000 properties and 14% of the city’s land and coastline, include seawalls and waterfronts, pedestrian bridges, beaches and boardwalks, parks and playgrounds, historic houses, recreation centers and pools.
- Under direct supervision, assists bricklayers and cement masons in the preparation and finishing of cement, concrete, brick, tile and other masonry work to grade and contour; performs related work.
- Serves mortar, stone, tile, refractory concrete and other materials to bricklayers or cement masons.
- Lays out tools and equipment for starting jobs.
- Cleans working areas, machines, tools, scaffolds and other related equipment.
- Mixes cement, concrete and mortar.
- Operates power driven machines and tools.
- Operates a motor vehicle to transport tools, materials and personnel to construction sites.
Minimum Qual Requirements1. Three years of full-time satisfactory mechanical experience as a mason's helper; or
2. At least one and one-half years of experience as described in "1" above, and sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade, vocational or technical high school to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of training in an approved trade, vocational or technical high school.
A motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York. Employees must maintain this license for the duration of employment.
Preferred Skills1. Strong customer service, organizational and communication skills.
2. Ability to work independently.
Additional InformationONLY PERMANENT EMPLOYEES IN THE TITLE AND THOSE THAT ARE REACHABLE ON THE CIVIL SERVICE LIST ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. *
- This vacancy is only open to 1) current permanent city employees serving in the Mason’s Helper civil service title or 2) on leave from the title or 3) employees who are reachable on the Mason’s Helper civil service list, Exam No. 1116.
MOVEMENT IN THE FACE OF CIVIL SERVICE LISTS IS PROHIBITED UNDER CIVIL SERVICE LAW.
NOTE: All resumes must be received no later than the last day of the posting period. References will be required upon request.
To ApplyParks Employees:
1) From a Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) from the Parks Intranet under Applications or use this link: https://hrb.nycaps.nycnet/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 534945 . Do not access ESS using nyc.gov/ess from a Parks computer.
Parks & City Employees:
2) From a Non-Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) by going to nyc.gov/ess or use this link: https://a127-ess.nyc.gov/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID# 534945.
Include your ERN and Job ID# 534945 on your cover letter and resume.
All other applicants:
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 534945.
55-a ProgramThis position is also open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate at the top of your resume and cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position through the 55-a Program.
Residency RequirementResidency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required within 90 days of hire for all other candidates.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
4 Senses luxury home services Madison, WI 53714 Today
Salem Keizer Public School District Marion County, OR Today