Buckner Retirement Services inspires happiness in the lives of our Senior community members in a warm and caring atmosphere. its a place where you can genuinely impact the lives of others through your service. As a Major Gift Officer you will impact the lives of our residents overseeing the engagement of major donors across all retirement services communities (individuals, foundations, corporations). You will be responsible for driving excellence and ensuring that your engagement delivers the required results aligned with Buckner's mission, vision, and values.
Our unique 5 STARTS Service:
- With a focus on Retirement Services, responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships with major donors on behalf of and in conjunction with the Senior Director for Major Donor Engagement and other major donor gift officers.
- Respond to requests for information. Secure contributions for Buckner when appropriate. Lead donor meetings, trips and events that effectively support major gift fundraising for retirement services.
- Set and manage strategies designed to cultivate, solicit, and recognize donors with the ability to make gifts at major levels of giving and who have an affinity for Buckner ministries and programs.
- Engage the major donor team in collaborative work; oversee effective resource development practices; communicate annual, quarterly and other goals; monitor performance; conduct monthly, quarterly and annual performance reviews.
- Fully utilize the tools and resources of the Buckner Development Team to establish cultivation strategies and make calls on individuals, foundations, and corporations as assigned, with Buckner staff and/or individually, to promote Buckner and its needs.
- Intentionally steward existing donor relationships to greater Buckner support and involvement.
- Manage a portfolio of Major Gift donors and donor prospects.
- Make qualification calls to individuals, corporations, government entities, and others for the purpose of cultivating relationships that lead to donations to Buckner ministries.
- Champion a greater understanding and awareness of Buckner's mission and ministry among donors/prospects by intentionally managing relationships.
- Timely and accurately record all contacts with donors/prospects using designated information in documentation systems.
- Work with the Development team to direct specific assigned campaigns, managing the campaign engagement of staff and volunteers. Engage or assign campaign donors and volunteers for stewardship and cultivation.
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
- Responsible for supporting and representing Buckner at special events, activities and other assigned functions. Liaison to community; speak in public on behalf of Buckner.
- Travel domestically and internationally for the purpose of prospective and donor relationship cultivation and giving, as needed.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
As a 5 STARS associate you:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Minimum 5 years prior related proven experience required in building and sustaining relationships with constituents that are engaged with an organization.
- Experience working with necessary parties to develop and refine content for case necessary to support solicitations.
- Proven experience in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and sustaining donor relationships.
- Prior experience preparing and presenting project proposals to and/or negotiating with donors/prospects.
- Proficient working knowledge of donor development, fundraising and public relations laws and regulations governing agency and employees.
- In-depth understanding of the various types of social service programs Buckner provides.
- Ability to plan, administer, and report budgets with proficient working knowledge of project planning and budgetary management.
- Requires ability to travel to various geographic locations, both domestic and international, with some overnight stays. Has the ability to obtain and maintain the necessary documentation to travel internationally.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.