Job descriptionBusiness Unit Overview: At Post Consumer Brands, we have mor ethan 125 years of experience making the breakfast cereals that people love. And even after a century, we're still innovating. We are driven by our mission to Make Better Happen - and we want YOU to join our team! Brand: With names like Pebbles, Honey Bunches of Oats, Great Grains, and Malt-O-Meal in our portfolio, we’ve earned more spots in the top 50 best-selling brands than any other cereal company. And as the third-ranked company in the cereal category, our business is growing. That’s where you come in. Our company is a hearty mix of ambitious people who want to make great things happen. Location Description: The Post Consumer Brands plant in Sparks, Nevada celebrated 30 years in 2021. Home to about 160 team members, the plant is part of our West Coast network and supplies a variety of private label cereal to our retail customers. Just outside of Reno, Nevada, Sparks has no shortage of fun and engaging activities, including rodeos, festivals, and outdoor recreation. The Sparks team also supports the local Food Bank of Northern Nevada. Responsibilities: Maintenance Technician $1,250 SIGN ON BONUS Wage: $31.10/hr - 35.21/hr Graveyard Shift Differentials $2,000 Referral Bonus Shift - Graveyard - 12 hour shifts
- Troubleshoot, repair and install a wide range of conveying, packaging and other food processing equipment
- Perform regular preventive maintenance as per the maintenance plan.
- Flexibility to work overtime as operations require.
- Cross train to learn all Packaging equipment
- Process daily reports
- Supports and follows standards for food safety and food quality production reflected in SQF as well as the regulations of major vendors and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA
- Records and documents according to procedures, assuring that all equipment documentation is up to date and accurate
- Keeps work environment clean, safe and positive
- Follow company and OSHA safety and Personal Protective Equipment rules, policies and guidelines
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Effectively work will all Sparks Plant Group Members
- Works in small teams, with little supervision
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Good hand/eye coordination and motor skills
- Refer to the Physical Job Description for further details.
- Must be able to work safely will all manner of hand tools and shop equipment; i.e. drills, drill presses, saws, torches, welders, shears and lathes.
- Experience working around low and high voltages ranging from 0 to 480 volts.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Requires the ability to communicate in English fluently for the effective and clear written and oral communication with others
- Requires basic mathematical skills to be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Requires basic computer skills and data entry skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be able to work effectively in a small team.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
The Funding Ninjas Remote $100,000 - $250,000 a year EmployerActive 3 days ago
Hobby Lobby New Jersey+10 locations 30+ days ago
Universal Technical Institute Avondale, AZ 85323 $68,000 - $80,000 a year 7 days ago
Icehouse Presents Flores TaquerÃa Poughkeepsie, NY 12590 $1,000 - $2,000 a week 1 day ago
University of North Texas Denton, TX 76203 Today