Job descriptionTransportation Logistics Manager
Provide strategic and tactical leadership and oversee the coordination, execution and delivery of transportation management solutions
Identify and monitor metrics to assess and evaluate the efficiencies of all transportation components.?
Develop and maintain daily relations with 3PL.
Provide daily direction to Appointment Office, monitor in-house and 3PL receiving to keep within daily and weekly goals.
Negotiate domestic truckload, LTL rates and monitor small package providers, to ensure proper scheduling and shipping practices are employed.
Develop and implement new vendor management policies, procedures, processes, and standards as necessary.
Sustain Vendor Routing Guide and compliance chargeback program. Manage resolution of ongoing vendor issues and disputes.
Monitor systems and generate reports throughout the day to evaluate progress and end of day reporting.
Knowledge of exporting procedures, documentation and local tax requirements to PR and VI a plus.
Provides or arranges appropriate training, interprets policy, maintains relationships with staff, conducts routine coaching sessions and encourages and responds to ideas from transportation team.
Establishes and maintains a strong relationship with the on-site and corporate leadership team
Min 5 – 7 years management experience in logistics /? warehouse /? operations role
- Excellent communication, management, coaching and organization skills.?
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Lotus Notes
- Positive, professional demeanor in all interaction with colleagues, carriers, and vendors.
- Knowledge and experience necessary to assist with all aspects of logistics process.
- Ability to work with people in a professional and respectful manner to address issues in a constructive way.
- Ability to problem solve and apply independent judgment.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Analytical thinker with ability to utilize appropriate data and information for making informed decisions
- Problem solving skills to quickly address barriers to results, identify alternatives and use sound business judgment in decision making
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, to clearly disseminate information, influence others, and provide ideas and opinions
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Today
7-Eleven, Inc Gouverneur, NY 13642 $14.50 - $15.00 an hour 30+ days ago
Soar Real Estate Atlanta, GA 30316 $150,000 - $180,000 a year 3 days ago