Developing and maintain relationships with third-party transportation specialists
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers and recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, or training or safety records.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Work directly with Steamship lines/ Freight forwarders to coordinate shipments for Export, Foreign to foreign and Imports
- Responsible for analyzing contract (sales orders, purchase orders, LC’s, file switches, etc.) requirements and identifying logistical dilemmas and provide new solutions for resolution
- Pro-actively identify problems and swiftly implement the appropriate solution
- Prioritize and execute shipments in accordance with contractual agreements
Must be detailed-oriented with very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in logistics sales or Freight Forwarder-contract negotiations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative abilities
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Logistics: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location