Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and deeply process oriented Logistics Coordinator to join our growing Adhoc Logistics Team. In the Logistics Coordinator role, you will manage critical domestic and international shipments to support Tesla’s vehicle production, service and energy distribution, and everything in between. You will gain invaluable experience about Tesla’s supply chain and understand our processes from the ground up.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving functions at the facility.
- Mange dock organization and shipping supplies.
- Retain and scan documentation, send communications to employees.
- Schedule pick-ups with vendors and monitor shipments in transit.
- Coordinate most cost-effective means to ship freight within expected requirements.
- Correctly labeling hazardous materials and providing DG paperwork to vendors.
- Provide all required shipping documentation (BOL’s, Ocean Bill of Lading, Commercial Invoices, etc.) for import and export functions.
- Process and correct miscellaneous shipment cost issues.
- Build and grow relationships with internal customers and vendors.
- Contribute to a worldwide logistics organization by standardizing processes and establishing SOPs.
- High school/GED, Bachelors or Associate degree or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite. Excel critical to role, but not to hire.
- Experience with International shipping (Commercial Invoices, AES filing)
- Dangerous goods trained or certified, preferred
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Strong time management skills & communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work well with others and work well with deadlines
- Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations
- Flexible schedule (may work some off hours)
- Transportation limited (may visit various Tesla facilities)
- Must be able to stand and or sit 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. with consistency every day.
- Must be willing to work in various weather conditions (for yard audits).