Job descriptionAbout the job
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for Logistics Associates in Dallas.
JOB REQUIREMENTS:Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Twelve (12) months related experience and/or equivalent combination of educational experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Qualified candidates with current / one or more years of stand-up Reach truck experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write, interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow simple instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to demonstrate superb decision-making ability to determine best course of action.
- 12 months+ of relevant Reach Forklift experience strongly preferred.
- Must be able to lift and move up to fifty-five (55) pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, day or night.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is temperature controlled at 33-44 degrees Fahrenheit.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.