SummaryPosted: Sep 16, 2022 Role Number: 200379132 Apple products and services build powerful personal connections with customers around the world. Join our team to help localize UI features that resonate in all languages and regions. We are looking for highly dedicated and experienced hands-on technical localization QA testers to join our Server UI Localization team in the Services organization and participate in Apple’s exponential international growth. The role supports Apple Media Products (App Store, Music, Video, Books, Podcasts, Fitness+, News), Apple Cloud Services, Maps, and Identity Management Services. Are you passionate about linguistics and QA? Join us and advocate for our customers to ensure they have the best experience in our ecosystem.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a technical translation or localization QA role.
- Full working proficiency of both written and spoken English.
- Native-level fluency in one of the following languages: Russian, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Canadian French, Thai, Vietnamese, Norwegian, Danish, Hebrew, Turkish, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, HK Chinese, Croatian, Romanian, Simplified Chinese.
- Handle the translation, transcreation, linguistic review, and technical QA of different types of feature flows across all platforms (iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, Android, 3rd party TVs, Web).
- Proficiency with Apple products and services, as well as localization CAT tools and content management systems
- Strong appreciation for product and cultural nuances by geography.
- Understanding of engineering processes, especially in agile software and app development.
- Demonstrated involvement with hands-on testing for your language and confirmed experience in effectively mitigating complex localization issues.
- A passion for breaking UI flows to improve the quality of our products and services.
- Hard-working, with the flexibility to lead simultaneous projects with tight deadlines, varying scope and complexity requiring flexibility and prioritization skills.
- Excellent teammate with a meticulous demeanor and attention to details.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of machine learning and/or scripting languages is a plus.
DescriptionAs a Localization QA tester on our team, you bring outstanding linguistic and technical skills to ensure that users around the globe are getting an equally enjoyable experience in any UI language we support besides English. You will help us localize top priority projects (both time-sensitive and disclosure-sensitive) and lead the QA of our features with the support of additional vendors. You will closely collaborate with Localization Project Managers (LPMs) and cross-functional localization and language leads across the company to ensure a consistent language experience from software, to marketing, and support. The environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously while handling aggressive delivery schedules. The right mix of problem solving skills and passion to improve existing processes and tools will help you see the big picture beyond your specific language needs. Responsibilities Include: Create and manage glossaries, style guides, and other linguistic and cultural assets. As our language DRI, you will provide feedback to a wide variety of teams to establish localization quality requirements and connect with the Lab Operations team and LPMs when those requirements are not met. Qualify a variety of products and services through both manual and automated UI testing. With the added support of internal and external vendors, ensure the best quality output for Apple’s customers across all deliverables for your specific language. Drive linguistic bugs resolution and communicate localizability, functional, and layout issues promptly to the project LPMs. Beyond reporting on issues found, provide pertinent information and follow solutions to their conclusion. Provide feedback and recommendations on product and UX design, and flag potential cultural sensitivity issues. Look for opportunities to optimize workflow, tools, and processes to help the team scale. This position is located in Austin, TX.
Education & ExperienceBA or MA in Localization, Languages, International Studies, Business Management.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
ADT Security Services Lombard, IL 60148 10 days ago
Kleinfelder, Inc. Oklahoma City, OK 18 days ago