PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
Assists Loan Officers in a variety of duties. Interacts with customers, Loan Officers, and Loan Processing personnel to complete a variety of tasks associated with the origination of loans and the servicing of existing loans. Assures tasks are completed accurately, timely and professionally to ensure prompt and professionals service to internal and external customers.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL SOUTHERN BANK TEAM MEMBERS
- Southern Bank team members are a family, rooted in the communities we serve and working together to be the best in our industry, utilizing innovative ideas and strong products. The Southern Bank Patch illustrates these ideals.
- Ensures the confidentiality of customer non-public personal information and secures information systems to comply with bank regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Obtains information related to the loan origination process including: ordering credit reports, appraisals, preliminary title reports, insurance information, flood certificates, Secretary of State searches and various other items;
- Answers loan customer phone calls and assists customers with routine inquiries regarding payoffs, changes of owner, note modifications, beneficiaries and other loan details;
- Assists in the preparation of disbursement worksheets, loan documentation checklists, and other communications necessary to properly document the credit files;
- Ensures that all loan documentation and customer information is scanned into the core system in a timely manner;
- Ensures that all liens, including deeds of trust and notice of liens are filed in a timely matter in order to protect the Banks lien on collateral;
- Assists loan officer in ensuring that all loan-related compliance is followed, including HMDA and CRA;
- Receives tracking report and ensures that outstanding issues regarding title policies, vehicle titles, appraisals and appraisal checklists, construction inspections, etc. are properly received, documented and cleared from the report;
- Completes clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing documents, scanning loan files and organizing and maintaining supplies; and,
- Acts as liaison between loan officers and loan processing department.
- This position may require working at our Cabot branch.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively work with colleagues and on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Good customer service skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; and,
- Highly attentive to detail and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma;
- Previous experience in customer service or loan administration; and,
- Knowledge of general banking policies/procedures;
Building Trust Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in ones intentions and those of the organization.
Customer Focus Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers and own organizations needs.
Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Adaptability Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Engagement Readiness Demonstrating a willingness to commit to ones work and to invest ones time, talent, and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
Managing Work (includes Time Management) Effectively managing ones time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.