Job descriptionCurrent Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday Job Posting Date: July 18, 2022 Application Deadline: Salary Information: $20.26 - $24.82 Department: Libraries Job Description: Madison College’s dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Hiring a diverse workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College – it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team! REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/DEADLINE: cover letter and resume. Failure to submit these documents by the first review date will render your application ineligible. This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of August 1, 2022, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. This posting may be used to fill similar vacancies that occur within six months of the closing date. Madison College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. This is a part-time, non-exempt, 20 hours per week, 42 weeks per year position. General working hours will be between 8:00am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday and some weekends required (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.). The employee selected will serve a twelve (12) month introductory period. This position does not offer a relocation package. Summary: This position supports our libraries, and at some times, may support our Student Achievement Centers as well. They are essential to daily operations and support of students either online or via walk-in. They provide para-professional support to librarians and help with special projects. Often, they may be the first person a student may encounter and will provide support or direction for that student as they are frontline workers. Their communication skills must be strong. The position typically works non-traditional hours (evenings, weekends) to support our students who may need our services and resources during that time so they will need to be well-rounded in all aspects of Libraries and Academic Support Services. They will also be expected to know College services so they can provide adequate direction to students. Because the Libraries is the primary help for student technology needs, they will need to be knowledgeable and proficient with academic technologies for students. The position is a full-fledged team member and will be assigned desk shifts along with other duties as assigned and need to flexible to accommodate ever-changing needs of our students. This position will be working mostly at Goodman South campus with some hours at Truax campus. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Greets walk-in students/customers, answers telephone, responds to chat and other inquiries from library and SAC patrons. Works desk shifts as assigned.
- Provides support to students with academic technology needs like Blackboard, student email, Teams, videoconferencing tools, Navigate, etc.
- Checks materials in and out, including equipment, reserves, models, etc. in accordance with LASS and College policy. Assists librarians in support of the College loan program.
- Assists students with various services like Book-A-Librarian, Book-A-Tutor, Book-A-TechXpert, booking group study rooms, etc.
- Provides support for interlibrary loan and campus delivery services.
- Active member in one LASS Continuous Quality Improvement team by attending meetings, planning goals, and participating in activities.
- Assists in the marketing of LASS services, resources, special events and workshops.
- Works on special projects as assigned by librarians, Dean of LASS, or Manager of SAC.
- Maintains a commitment to the college mission, vision, and values. Complies with college policies, directives, and work rules. Engages positively with colleagues, engages in conflict directly and professionally, contributes to team discussions, collaborates, and helps colleagues, assumes the best from colleagues, provides and accepts constructive feedback, follows through on commitments, and support final decisions that are made.
- Other duties as defined by department, college, or officials.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities.
- Working knowledge of academic support services in a college environment.
- Demonstrated skill in multitasking and serving customers as a frontline staff person. Evidence of providing customized support through a variety of means-phone, email, chat.
- Knowledgeable about academic technologies like library management systems and resources, MS Office products, videoconferencing products, etc.
- Experience working in a team environment and excelling as a team member.
- Associates degree or two-year technical certificate from an accredited college or university OR two (2) years (4,000 hours) of an equivalent combination of education and work experience directly related to the skills required for successfully performing this position. Bachelor’s degree encouraged.
- Experience used as an equivalent of an educational requirement is in addition to any experience required by the position.
- One (1) years (2,000 hours)) of related work experience directly related to the skills required for successfully performing this position.
- Valid Driver’s License at time of hire, and ability to pass Madison College Risk Management Standards for use of company vehicles.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. Madison College offers degrees, diplomas, apprenticeships and certificates in Architecture & Engineering; Arts, Design & Humanities; Business; Construction, Manufacturing & Maintenance; Culinary, Hospitality & Fitness; Education & Social Services; Health Sciences; Information Technology; Law, Protective & Human Services; Science, Math & Natural Resources; and Transportation. Admissions criteria vary by program and are available by calling our Enrollment Office at (608) 246-6210 or (800) 322-6282 Ext. 6210. The following person has been designated to coordinate Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and to handle inquiries regarding the college’s nondiscrimination policies: Lisa Muchka, Compliance Coordinator, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246.5221
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Kroger (HC) Harvey, LA 70058 $16 - $18 an hour 15 days ago
US Occupational Safety and Health Administration New York, NY $46,797 - $67,598 a year 3 days ago
Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Prior Lake, MN 55372 28 days ago