We Are Hiring!
Solgen Power is seeking an ambitious Lead Structural Engineer to join our team! We believe our employees are an integral part of our Company’s mission—Helping Build a Brighter Future for Our People! Come join the Solgen Family where you will be inspired, motivated, and enjoy working in an adapting and growing environment. If you are competitive, confident, and self-driven, we need YOU!!
About Solgen Power: Solgen Power is one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies! As a leader in the solar industry, Solgen Power is ranked #12 on the 2021 Inc. 5000!
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Perform preliminary and final reviews of existing structures for solar panel installations.
- Perform analysis on atypical structural projects: retrofit required, high wind or snow, questionable framing design or installation, damage or deterioration to framing, truss analysis, or Portland jobs.
- Keep queues of structural projects up-to-date; remain in close communication with supervisor to ensure no projects slip through the cracks.
- Serve as liaison for the structural department; respond to questions internally and externally; explain coherently why certain projects might be problematic or not.
- Evaluate technical documents (cut sheets, testing reports, etc.) to find the needed information for atypical cases. Search external sources as needed to obtain technical documents.
- Obtain licenses in additional states as needed to accommodate company growth.
- Maintain, improve, and expand the department’s library of Excel calculation spreadsheets.
- Fill in for department manager in his absence. Run team meetings, represent the department at other company meetings, answer questions, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, preferably with an emphasis in structural engineering
- PE license; or ability to become licensed in 6 months from hire date
- 4+ years’ engineering experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and at least one commercial FEA package (RISA preferred)
- Familiar with applicable structural codes, including IBC, ASCE 7, and NDS
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high project completion rate throughout the day
- Ability to consider non-standard problems and reason independently
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Strongly preferred: 1-3 years experience in the solar residential industry; and/or 1-3 years in design, engineering, or construction of timber-framed buildings (internships and part-time work during school counts)
- Experience with Bluebeam strongly preferred
- AutoCAD experience: 1+ years (internships and part-time work during school counts)
• Microsoft Excel mastery including VBA experience• Structural steel design experience a plus
- Leadership qualities: proactive; eager to mentor others; looking to grow with our company and department; notes things that aren’t working and discusses possible improvements with supervisors and coworkers.
Compensation: $82,000.00 - $85,000.00
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Solgen Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law