Job descriptionPosting Information Posting Number PG191816EP
Internal Recruitment No
Working Title Lead Multimedia Designer
Anticipated Hiring Range $66,000 - $68,000
Work Schedule Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; with flexibility
Job Location Raleigh, NC
Department Digital Education and Learning Technology Applications
About the Department DELTA’s role within the Office of the Provost is to advance the integration and support of learning technologies in NC State’s academic programs and courses, both on campus and at a distance. DELTA supports distance-based credit programs and courses for the university, and provides enterprise academic technology and instructional support services for all modes of course delivery. Working with NC State instructors and partners,
DELTA leads the way in designing, creating, implementing and supporting extraordinary digital learning experiences for our community of learners. DELTA applies expertise in technologies and pedagogies to create and nurture innovative, effective and impactful digital learning experiences for our community of instructors and learners with a collaborative, service-oriented and innovative mindset.
Essential Job Duties The Multimedia Media Designer reports to the Associate Director of Educational Media and performs as a core member of this in-house team, while working collaboratively with instructional designers, multimedia specialists, video producers, web application and web content developers as well as other university personnel.
This position will provide direct support for the design and development for graphic design, animation, illustration, motion graphics and immersive media elements (AR, VR, XR) used in course development, instructional tool development, marketing and communications initiatives. The Digital Media Innovation team collaborates with faculty and staff to design and develop effective web communications solutions, rich-media applications, learning materials and graphic elements to support the educational environment.
- Design and develop dynamic multimedia solutions to enhance online education and student success.
- Work directly with team members to support educational media development projects, course design deliverables and internal team communications initiatives.
- Consult and collaborate with Instructional Design staff to define, educate and inform the application of multimedia design and visual communications.
- Assist in managing project level production of various creative products and materials, coordinating work as appropriate both within the multimedia team and with other DELTA teams and units.
- Recommend hardware and software necessary to sustain and/or improve multimedia production efforts.
- Lead design research efforts that further inform project direction and educational media solutions.
- Ensure brand consistency in design and message
- Keep abreast of emerging multimedia technologies and find creative solutions to instructional problems.
- Advise and assist faculty on the instructional application of multimedia technologies and techniques.
- Participate in DELTA projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Participate in the design and development of resources that promote sound pedagogical uses of multimedia technologies.
- Serve as a member in campus-wide and professional groups related to teaching and learning with technology as assigned.
- Provide mentoring and direction for part-time student staff.
- Provide accurate reporting and project management of individual production projects.
- Contributes to web communications, marketing and brand strategy by maintaining standards and assisting in projects.
- Recommends hardware and software necessary to sustain and/or improve multimedia production efforts.
- Assists in defining and documenting production processes for educational media projects.
- Provides accurate reporting on individual production efforts.
- Advises and assists faculty on the instructional application of multimedia technologies and techniques.
- Participates in DELTA training and support activities as directed (teach a workshop, consult with faculty and staff in area of expertise, etc.).
Qualifications Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Arts, Design, Educational Media, or related field.
- 4-5 years of diverse graphic design and typography experience.
- 4-5 years experience designing and producing multimedia applications, digital media, graphics and web-based projects.
- Experience in managing projects and resources including managing timelines, establishing priorities, distributing responsibilities, and meeting milestones and deliverables.
Other Required Qualifications
- Significant experience with graphic design, layout and typography
- Expertise in multimedia design, interactive design, animation, illustration, motion graphics and digital imaging.
- Proficiency in the following applications: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Animate, Video editing applications, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Proficiency using multimedia hardware and equipment.
- Knowledge of emerging multimedia technologies as related to teaching and learning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, ability to facilitate teamwork, ability to work well in a collegial relationship with faculty, staff, and students.
- Expertise in multimedia authoring applications, digital imaging, Internet programming languages, streaming media, digital video production and interface design. Graphic Design/Typography skills are a high priority.
- Expertise in photography and digital imaging.
- Advanced education or certificates in Media Arts, animation or related fields.
- Experience in the production of educational applications in an academic environment.
- 6+ years of experience designing and producing digital media, graphics and web-based projects.
- 4 year of experience in managing and producing animation projects and associated resources.
- Awareness of usability and accessibility considerations in multimedia design.
- Drive to learn new technologies and master new platforms and workflows.
Required License(s) or Certification(s) n/a
Valid NC Driver's License required No
Commercial Driver's License required No
Recruitment Dates and Special Instructions Job Open Date 06/14/2022
Anticipated Close Date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants Please include as attachments a resume, cover letter, and contact information for at least 3 professional references.
Under “other document 1” please provide a link to your portfolio
Position Details Position Number 00104235
Position Type EHRA Non-Faculty
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week) 1.00
Appointment 12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse Weather Non Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency Events Non Mandatory - Emergency Event
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No
Department ID 339001 - DELTA
AA/EEO NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Glen Oaks Hospital Greenville, TX 75401 1 day ago
Red Bull North America Nashville, TN 30+ days ago