Job descriptionType of Vacancy: Consultant Position Start date: Rolling; September 2022 Location: Various; Priority for candidates who are based in Texas Compensation: Paid training and onboarding; $165/hour for lead virtual facilitation and $50/hour for tech support, inclusive of prep and follow up; $1,100/day for in-person facilitation, inclusive of prep and follow up. There is no guarantee of hours.
Teaching Lab is an equal-opportunity employer committed to reflecting the diversity of the students we serve. We pursue equity as both a means and an end and enthusiastically welcome candidates of all backgrounds to role.
WHO WE ARE Teaching Lab is a nonprofit organization with a mission to fundamentally shift the paradigm of teacher professional learning to achieve educational equity. We envision a world where teachers and students thrive together in communities that enable life-long learning and meaningful lives. In partnership with teachers, we transform professional learning from the ground up to dramatically improve student outcomes. We also work with school, district, and state leaders to create the instructional systems necessary to support these changes. To learn more about Teaching Lab, explore our website at www.teachinglab.org.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Lead professional learning sessions to teachers and leaders using existing content throughout the year. Teaching Lab will conduct its professional learning both in-person and virtually
- Facilitate a collective-learning series on the research-based instructional strategies (RBIS) that highlights how students learn math and/or literacy (depending on the LEA framework focus)
- Develop relationships with Teaching Lab partners
- Collect data and evidence of impact using pre-developed tools, and adjust facilitation as needed
- Give feedback on professional learning content modules to Teaching Lab
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS (KSI)
- Teacher NPS >50
- Renewal rate >90%
- >80% of clients surveyed say, “Teaching Lab helped us advance our goals.”
- >80% of participants say about facilitators/coaches:
- They seemed fully prepared for the session.
- They effectively built a safe learning community.
- They made adjustments based on participants’ needs.
- 5+ totals years of experience in education and in implementing high-quality instructional materials
- 2+ years of successful teaching experience with students from underserved backgrounds with demonstrated evidence of impact
- Experience facilitating impactful professional learning for educators in a virtual and in-person context
- Experience building and managing relationships with diverse stakeholders in an education context
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS): English Language Arts and Reading
- Texas Essential knowledge and Skills (TEKS): Mathematics
- STAAR Testing Program
- Seeking candidates who are based in and have experience teaching in Texas:
- Facilitators must be able to attend upcoming in-person trainings in Houston, TX
- Must be able to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and abide by CDC as well as local guidance for public safety and masking requirements
- Day time availability and willingness to travel in-person
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (If Applicable)
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Science of Reading
- Research based literacy instruction and the Instructional Shifts in English Language Arts
- Research based math instruction and the Instructional Shifts in Mathematics
- Priority for ESL certification
- Experience as an instructional coach a plus
WORKING AT TEACHING LAB AS A CONTRACTOR FACILITATOR There is no guarantee of hours. Facilitators are scheduled on a “by project” basis and are generally notified 3-6 weeks before the learning begins to provide adequate time to prepare. The number of work hours and the specific hours are dependent on projects we have and when you are available. Client Partnership Managers reach out to facilitators to gauge who is available to facilitate specific courses across a set of dates/times. Facilitators then submit their availability to facilitate and are notified if they have been selected. Paid training and onboarding, including $400 for asynchronous onboarding study, $50/hr. for all calls and meetings with Teaching Lab staff (including any prep call, debrief call, or training).Each virtual course (also called a project) lasts several weeks. For synchronous virtual facilitation, lead facilitators are paid $165/sync hr. (inclusive of individual prep time) and Tech/support facilitators are paid $50/sync hr. In-person facilitation can be half day to several consecutive days. For in-person facilitation, the rate is $1,100/day (inclusive of individual prep time and follow up), based on experience. Contractors traveling on behalf of Teaching Lab are responsible for covering their travel upfront and will be reimbursed as long as costs align with Teaching Lab’s Travel Reimbursement Policy. Expense reports are processed weekly. Reports submitted by Monday will be reimbursed by Thursday. TO APPLY You can apply for the K-12 Education Professional Learning Facilitators here. Additional questions may be directed to [email protected]
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Starbucks Livingston, MT 59047 From $15 an hour 17 days ago
LHH Recruitment Solutions St. Louis, MO 1 day ago
Tri-Force Consulting Services Washington, DC 20001 $120,000 a year 1 day ago