IT Application Associate Programmer - Columbus, OH
Location: Sheetz Corporate - GAHANNA, OH
This position is remote for candidates living within our 6 state footprint (OH, PA, MD, WV, VA, NC)
At Sheetz, we have a history of making our customers lives easier. We pioneered self-service touch screens for ordering food. We rolled out our industry leading Sheetz mobile app long before curbside pickup was around. Although were not a tech company, technology has been at the forefront of our success. And who makes that happen? You do!
Building, integrating and supporting the cutting-edge applications that power 600+ stores, 22,000 employees and millions of customers isnt an easy job, but thats why we do it! And we do it in an award-winning culture thats casual and fun. If youre looking for a Made to Order career, hit that APPLY button and lets chat!
WHAT YOULL DO
The Application Associate Programmer provides technology solutions and supports major initiatives as assigned by Applications and Development management.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
The Associate Programmer assists in the development of technology solutions as assigned by Applications and Development management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Use a variety of technologies to develop, maintain and support Sheetz Accounting and Store Support applications.
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Low-code development platforms
2. Initial resource for application projects, whether in production or in the development / implementation process.
3. Possess basic knowledge of one or more applications projects, whether in production or in the development / implementation process.
4. Create basic SQL queries as part of the application development process.
5. Create technical documentation for application development projects as defined by the Sheetz Applications and Development Agile Methodology SOP.
6. Stay up to date on the production technology solutions by attending related training and conferences as approved by management.
7. Provide development solutions using Sheetz approved development tools.
8. Provide evening and weekend on call/issue support as needed. Sheetz is open 24/7/365 and as such, our internal and external customers may require support at any time.
9. Comply with the Sheetz adopted agile and secure coding development methodologies. Refer to the Sheetz Applications and Development Agile Methodology SOP.
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- A four-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering; or a four year degree in another field of study which includes courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering is preferred.
- No experience required
HOW YOULL GROW
We are an innovator in our space and we want to make sure you can keep doing that. We are happy to send you to conferences and continuing education to make sure you continue to be the expert in your field.
We also provide employee training programs to continue your growth in your field while here. We believe theres always room to learn and we offer opportunities to gain hands on experience. Our employees arealwaysencouraged to explore new opportunities, especially within our organization.
We have all the perks you would expect from a leading employer, such as medical, dental & vision, in addition to that we have:
- Employee Stock Ownership
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan a 4% match!
- Employee Profit Share
- VIP Sheetz Membership (Discounts!)
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn't changed is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the charities it holds dear.