Job descriptionNature of Work (Advanced Problem Solving Level) Examples of IT focus areas include Networking, Software, Systems or Security.
Install/Config/Maintain: Highly secure and critical technologies, Security structures, Processes
Troubleshoot: Advanced as elevated from lower level positions
Create & Design: Processes, Workflows, Infrastructure,
Focus area project plans, timelines, task lists
Monitor: Highly secure technologies. Workflow, identify security threats and
Vulnerabilities, infrastructure, Focus area projects
Lead/Team Role: Lead IT area workgroups. Participate
on technology related teams to advance technology. Chair technology related committees involving IT & functional staff.
Examples of Work Performed
- Design and implement new network solutions and/or improve the efficiency of the current network design.
- Configure firewalls, routers, and switches to maximize network efficiency and security.
- Establish and manage relationships with vendors for network support and problem resolution.
- Collaborate with other members of the Network and Technology Service team to analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair problems within the wired and wireless network
- Assist with the evaluation of new network technologies.
- Plan and schedule network hardware replacements and refreshes.
- Create and maintain network configuration and design documentation.
- Participate in change control processes and meetings.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelors degree in related field or bachelor’s degree plus related work experience
- Network+ or Aruba Mobility Certification.
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience working in an Aruba network environment, including experience with Clear Pass Policy Manager, AirWave, Mobility Master and NetEdit.
- Experience managing and supporting Aruba/HPE Switches.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g. IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, 802.11) etc
- Experience working in a complex network environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
License and Certification Requirements
Other Requirements Criminal Background Check
Salary Information Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Attractive and comprehensive benefit package. Annual salary range is $60,657.00 - $75,821.00.
Union Status NSCPA
Number of Vacancies 1
Posting Detail Information Posting Number PS1002P
Desired Start Date
Open Date 07/27/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants Wayne State College is seeking an IT Analyst.
General Information Wayne State College has been educating students for more than 100 years. Located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln, the College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest. One of three members of the Nebraska State College System, the College distinguishes itself by providing educational excellence in a small, personalized setting. The beautiful 128-acre campus serves over 3,900 students who have a choice of more than 130 programs of study. In fall 2020, the College welcomed the second largest freshmen class in its history, driven by new academic programs and partnerships, updated and new facilities, and a continuing focus on supporting students with generous scholarships in their academic and co-curricular experiences. Wayne State has been the recipient of a number of awards, honors, and distinctions due to its commitment to service, student success, and providing an exceptional education at an affordable cost. The entire community is focused on making Wayne State a great place for students to thrive and advance their futures, and there is a collective sense of excitement about the future of the College.
The Nebraska State Colleges are equal opportunity institutions and do not discriminate against any student, employee, or applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities. Each College has designated an individual to coordinate the Colleges’ non-discrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to the Compliance Coordinators assigned at each College and identified on each College website.
Veteran Statement This position is subject to Veterans Preference.