The Analyst position analyzes and documents customer requirements and evaluates business systems applications to ensure stakeholder and business needs are understood, communicated, and met. Performs project coordination of software implementations, configuration, documentation, training, and maintenance with moderate direction. Troubleshoots application issues and coordinates solution either internally or with a vendor. This position reports to the Analyst Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of Office 365 Microsoft suite
- Knowledge of SQL Management Studio (SQL statements including complex joins)
- Knowledge of report writing tools
- Knowledge of process mapping
- Knowledge of software implementation project management tasks
- Knowledge of standard troubleshooting methodologies to effectively perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to document business processes
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions
- Ability to analyze unique problems as they are implementing, testing, and repairing systems and make logical deductions using their knowledge and the information available.
- Ability to draft a project plan
- Ability to work effectively with customers and internal staff to deliver support services to our customers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to analyze customers' needs, formulate a solution, and summarize the solution plan
to the customer in non-technical terms.
- Ability to present oral and written reports clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Skilled with Word, Excel, and various report writing tools such as SSRS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: *
- Perform project coordination on software implementations such as creating application test scripts and scheduling and managing testing.
- Evaluate applications for compliance to IT standards and policies.
- Assist in re-engineering system and/or business-related processes.
- Provide timely business systems application support including testing, trouble shooting and patch fixes.
- Plan, install and test application upgrades.
- Ability to utilize various reporting and BI tools to create and/or modify reports to satisfy business needs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and maintain effective working relationships with County staff and fellow employees.
- Prepare and present status reports, ad hoc reports, documentation, and training material to customers and staff.
- Ability to provide priority one support during emergencies and activation.
- Performs all work as requested or assigned.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS: * Use of both hands and fingers with dexterity. Very frequent use of good near vision, good hearing. Frequent walking and standing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITION REQUIREMENTS: * Constant work inside the office in a sedentary posture.
WORK HAZARDS: * Extensive use of computer monitor, which may have effect on vision.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT USED OR NEEDED: * None
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: At least three (3) years of related experience in Information Technology or a closely related field. A comparable amount of directly related training or experience may be substituted for each year of applicable education on a year-to-year basis.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION: Valid Florida’s Driver’s License and must maintain a good driving record.
Pay Grade 21
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING: This position requires a physical, drug testing, driver's license verification and level 1 background screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,016.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location