Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Sony Music is seeking an International Marketing Analyst to join our US International Marketing team reporting SVP of Streaming/Digital Strategy providing analytics & project support with the below focus:
- Use streaming consumption data from multiple partners & platforms to deliver data-driven strategic recommendations for artist, channel, project and audience growth.
- Play an active role in creating, updating and advising on frameworks for marketing campaign analysis & benchmarking
- Work closely with the other data teams in surfacing tracks that show early potential and building KPI's around those opportunities
- Compile updates & insights on track/album performance in real time
- Establish metrics for quantifying impact on artist campaigns and measuring artist audience growth over time across social and streaming partners
- Automate daily reports that will help feed the team with actionable insights
- Assist in creating compelling analytics projects and presentations providing actionable insights paired with recommendations
- Experience with Tableau (required) and Alteryx (preferred)
- Technical skills in data management (preferred) - SQL, python, R
- Knowledge of working with webAPI's (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years experience in analytics, BI, data insights, marketing, and strategy, preferably within the music and/or distribution industry
- Ability to communicate and share information effectively with team members, executives, and fellow analytics/BI members in the company
- Interest in experimenting with 3rd party data sources to enrich behavioral data
- Self-starter and strategic project management master with tenacity to experiment in order to create opportunities and solve problems
- Interest in the music industry and the numbers behind music consumption
- Knowledge of and passion for music, and the ability to identify trends and an awareness of what's popular today and its place in pop culture
- Clear and consistent communicator with strong Excel, Keynote & PowerPoint skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with ex-US markets (preferred)
- Experience working with (digital) marketing & social teams (preferred)
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.