Primary City/State:Greeley, Colorado
Department Name:Nursing Admin-HH
Job Category:Administrative Services
Primary Location Salary Range:$16.24/hr - $24.35/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado’s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great options and great opportunities. Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. If you’re looking to leverage your abilities – you belong at Banner Health.
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities. Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
As an Intake Representative with Banner Home Care, you will handle incoming requests for patient placement, referrals for new orders and refills, and/or requests for services. The Intake Representative will ensure each patient meets admission criteria. Healthcare knowledge and Tech Savviness is positively a must. Looking for the person who has experience in patient charting and working within patient documents.
Great options and great opportunities. At Banner we are tapestry of cultures, and experiences. A workforce that is honored to serve and support the community. If you’re looking to leverage your abilities – you belong at Banner Health. We understand that talented professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices including remote work options. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This position is full-time: Monday - Friday 10 am - 6:30 pm - Partially Remote. Office coverage hours in Greeley is 8 - 5 PM located at our Greeley Home Care office. Flexible to cover some weekends and Rotating Banner Health Holidays
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
This position processes internal and external requests and referrals for patient placement, services, and equipment from a centralized call center. Serves as a liaison between local patient care services, equipment providers and physicians, clinics, hospitals, third party payers, and other community agencies to support appropriate patient care.
1. Handles incoming requests for patient placement, referrals for new orders and refills, and/or requests for services. Receives and verifies requests and referrals, initiates insurance verification and gathers all information necessary for pre-certifications, authorizations, and certificates of medical necessity. Ensures that each patient meets admission criteria. Provides on-going follow-up of requests up to, and following, patient discharge.
2. Builds referrals using information in patient medical record to provide minimum data necessary to coordinate patient services.
3. Provides verbal and written instructions to patients, families, and coordinating resources regarding provision of products and services, reimbursement and patient financial responsibility.
4. Performs data entry of patient intake information into computer system. Records insurance information and authorization requirements and notes in the computer systems.
5. Coordinates requested services and referrals with service and equipment providers, as appropriate. Coordinates with pharmacy warehouse and clinical staff to ensure product availability and sets delivery expectations between patients and providers.
6. Facilitates problem solving with patients, hospitals, providers, referral sources, insurance companies, and clinical staff. Assists in the maintenance and communication of changing payor and referral source information specific to coordination of patient needs.
7. Incumbents in this position have extensive interaction with internal departments and external sources to coordinate patient services. Must be familiar with products and services offered in the surrounding community as well as within the company. The position does not develop or manage a budget.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires literacy and basic math skills.
Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and have familiarity with hospital operations. Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Must be proficient with commonly use office software products and possess the ability to learn new software applications.
Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.