Job LocationUSA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting TitleInformation Technology Development Program 2022
The ChallengeInformation Technology (IT) is critical to the future of GE Appliances, a Haier Company (GEA). GEA IT represents a major area of investment across the company and is essential to leadership, competitiveness, and success. GEA's program is a key entry point for IT professionals at GEA and is designed to attract high-potential candidates looking to further develop their technical ability and business acumen. Our Development Program professionals gain hands-on experience in system implementation, technical design and architecture, and operational excellence as they transition from academia to the working world. Program members get access to choose rotations in a variety of disciplines (e.g. system implementations, technical design/architecture, and operational excellence), accelerating their future at GEA.
The IT Development Program offers those with a passion for information technology the opportunity to grow their leadership skills, business acumen, and technology aptitude while building a career with unlimited potential. Program members lead by doing, gaining frontline experience by working on important and challenging projects alongside some of the brightest technical minds in the world.
Successful candidates will begin in August 2022.
What you will Do
- Application development (Web, client server, standalone, mobile) utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Systems management and optimization
- Business process re-engineering
- Infrastructure management and environmental design/build out
- Please note: GE Appliances will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position now or in the future
- Positions located in Louisville, KY
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- May 2022, August 2022, December 2022 graduation date
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA Minimum
- Unrestricted Work Authorization now and in the future
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in information technology
- A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for IT
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
- Relevant coursework in IT-related disciplines
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- General business / finance understanding
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.