Job descriptionThe City of Ventura Information Technology Department is looking for a dynamic supervisor to join the team. This Information Technology Customer Support Supervisor will lead the implementation of the Customer Support Services strategy, taking the lead in managing the IT Help Desk in providing world class desktop support to City staff. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Customer Support Supervisor will lead a group of technical staff dedicated to providing information technology end user support services to the organization. This position will be accountable for meeting Service Level Agreement expectations, developing metrics and leading the continuous improvement initiative with the Customer Support team. If you have the desire to join a solution-oriented customer service team, committed to becoming a world class technology services provider, this position may be for you! If through education, training and/or experience you:
- have advanced technical and political acumen
- work collaboratively while navigating complex situations effectively, knowing how organizations operate
- relate well to all kinds of people, building appropriate rapport and effectively communicating with customers
- foster open dialogue among team members, coordinating efforts and aligning actions with words
- motivate and empower staff to meet the expectations and requirements of customers
- understand industry best practices
- City of Ventura The City of Ventura is located just north of Los Angeles County and south of Santa Barbara County and is frequently considered one of America’s most desirable places to live. The City is a full-service municipality that was founded in 1782, incorporated in 1866, and serves nearly 110,000 residents within its 32 square miles. With more than 600 employees, the City is dedicated to delivering key services to our businesses, residents, and visitors to ensure Ventura remains a fiscally stable, economically vibrant, safe, clean, and desirable community. Locals and visitors enjoy Ventura’s impressive park system that includes 32 parks and historic sites, and more than 800 acres of open green space. The City offers a remarkable year-round climate, friendly people, and a spectacular coastline. Ventura is an exciting location for a variety of outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, kayaking, paddle-boarding, sailing, surfing, whale watching and windsurfing. Other activities include the Channel Islands National Park, championship golf, world-class shopping, wine tours, and more. Learn more about the City of Ventura at www.CityofVentura.ca.gov - Benefits and Additional Information The City offers a total compensation package that includes both a generous salary and other benefits! Refer to the benefits tab on the job posting for more information. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete an online City Job Application and supplemental questionnaire by the filing deadline, Thursday, August 4, 2022, at 5:30 p.m. For additional information on the duties and responsibilities of the position, refer to the job descriptions located on the City’s Career Page at www.cityofventura.ca.gov/jobs or by clicking here Information Technology Customer Support Supervisor. If you have questions about the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] Minimum Qualifications A combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to completion of high school supplemented by two years of college level coursework in information/computer science or a related field OR, completion of a specialized training program in information/computer science are required, including three years of increasingly responsible information services and computer support experience equivalent to a journey-level position distinguished by performance of a full range of job duties, including the maintenance and installation of new software and hardware and troubleshooting and resolving user and organization wide information system problems. Supervisory/lead worker experience is highly desirable. Certificate : Possession of relevant and current information services industry recognized certifications, such as ITIL, Comp TIA A+, COMP TIA Network+, Comp TIA Security+, MCSA, and MCSE are desirable. License: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver license. Selection Process Submit an online City job application and supplemental questionnaire by the filing deadline or first review date at www.cityofventura.ca.gov/jobs. It is important that your City job application show all the relevant education, training, and experience you possess. Resumes, CVs and cover letters may be attached to your application but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed job application or supplemental questionnaire. Submitting an incomplete application or supplemental questionnaire, may disqualify you from further consideration in the recruitment process. Application Filing Deadline: Applications and supplemental questions will be accepted until Thursday, August 4, 2022, at 5:30 p.m. Application Review Process : All applications and supplemental questionnaires submitted will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this job announcement. Candidates will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified on the basis of experience, training and education, as submitted, will be invited to participate further in the selection process. Candidates will be notified about their status after the filing deadline.
Department Selection Interview: A select number of candidates will be invited to a qualifying panel interview process that is tentatively scheduled for the week of August 15, 2022. Select candidates will be notified of specifics after the filing deadline. Please note, given the current COVID-19 situation, initial panel interviews may be conducted via video teleconference. Selected applicants will be notified of specifics at the appropriate time. The department selection interviews will be scheduled promptly after the panel interview process is completed. The Eligibility List established for this classification may be used to fill other regular and temporary vacancies at the discretion of the City. - In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need an accommodation in a selection process, please notify the Human Resources Department in writing by the final filing date of the position you are interested in. The Human Resources address is: 501 Poli Street, Room 210, Ventura, CA 93001, (805) 654-7853, e-mail: [email protected] Diversity, Equity and Inclusion The City of Ventura values human rights, goodwill, respect, inclusivity, equality, and recognizes that the City derives its strength from a rich diversity of thoughts, ideas, and contributions. As leaders in public service, we aspire to be an employer of choice by promoting an organizational culture that reflects these core values. We seek to attract, develop, and retain a talented and dedicated workforce where people of diverse races, genders, religions, cultures, political affiliations, and lifestyles thrive. Our goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers our employees to provide the highest level of service to our community of residents and businesses; they’re counting on us. The City is an equal opportunity employer and strives to attract qualified applicants from all walks of life without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state and/or local law. We aim to create an environment that celebrates and embraces the diversity of our workforce. We welcome you to join our team!
Right to Work: Before employment, candidates must submit documentation verifying their legal right to work in the United States.
Background Check: A pre-employment verification of background, references, and medical examination will be conducted. A drug screening may be required for some positions. Applicants for positions using a City vehicle may be required to submit a DMV report.
Probationary Period: Six months
Deferred Compensation: The City contributes $168 per year to a 457 plan and will match $1,650 per year contributed by the employee, for a total benefit of $1,818 per year.
Medical & Dental Insurance: Up to $665 monthly towards a selection of plans. Medical and dental insurance is effective the first of the second month after date of hire.
Optional Benefits: $495 monthly, which may be applied toward medical insurance premiums. Cash-out option is not available.
Vision Insurance: City paid coverage provided for employees and dependents. Vision insurance is effective the first of the second month after date of hire.
Life Insurance: City paid term life insurance equal to the employee's annual salary, and dependent life insurance of $2,000 per dependent.
Disability Insurance: City paid short and long-term disability coverage.
Tier I - 2% @ 55/Single Highest Year of Compensation for Classic CalPERS members who worked for the City prior to December 31, 2012 and are returning to City employment. Employees make a 7% member contribution, and may be subject to compensation limits per Section 401(a)(17) of the IRC.
Tier II - 2% @ 60/3-Year Final Compensation Period for Classic CalPERS members with less than a six-month break in service from another CalPERS or CalPERS'-reciprocal agency. Employees make a 7% member contribution, and may be subject to compensation limits per Section 401(a)(17) of the IRC.
Tier III - 2% at 62/3-Year Final Compensation Period for New CalPERS members. Employees make a 6.25% member contribution, and are subject to compensation limits per Government Code Section 7522.10. Additional details regarding the City's retirement plan will be provided to candidates during the job offer process.
Social Security: CalPERS members do not participate in Social Security retirement so there is no payroll deduction. Receiving a CalPERS benefit may affect your Social Security upon retirement. For further information contact a Social Security office or www.socialsecurity.gov/form1945.
Medicare: Employees participate only in the Medicare portion of Social Security. There is a 1.45% payroll deduction for this benefit.
Vacation: 2.5 weeks, increasing to 4 weeks per year, after 10 years service. Employees may use vacation after successful completion of probation.
Personal Leave: 27 hours per calendar year.
Holidays: 12 paid holidays per year.
Winter Holiday Break: 18 hours of Winter Holiday time. City Hall closure December 25th to January 1st.
Sick Leave: 96-hour bank upon employment and additional accruals of 2 hours semi-monthly after 6 months of employment.
Tuition Reimbursement: $2,500 per year for tuition and books for courses taken at accredited institution after completion of probation.
Student Loan Forgiveness: The City currently qualifies as an eligible employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
Direct Deposit: Paychecks are automatically deposited to employee accounts.
Flexible Workweek: A 9/80 workweek is available for some positions.
Wellness Program: A comprehensive program is available, including on-site gym, exercise classes, downtown/beach-walking routes, weight loss, and tips on nutrition and healthy lifestyle.
Professional Development: The City of Ventura is a LinkedIn Learning organization. LinkedIn Learning online classes are available with a library of more than 13,000 courses taught by real-world experts. Users can download certificates and customize learning paths that match their roles and competencies.