ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
The Industrial Cleaner is responsible for cleaning tasks throughout the refinery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work independently or as part of a team to clean different parts of the refinery
- Follow all Safety, Food Safety, Environmental and Personnel Policies of American Sugar Refining in Yonkers.
- Wear the proper PPE and follow all safety and quality guidelines and requirements
- Perform MSS tasks and work orders as assigned (for example; sweeping, mopping, dusting, shoveling, replenishing supplies or other tasks as needed)
- Incorporate into their daily schedules, special or rotational cleaning duties that might not occur every day
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to:
- lift up to 50lbs
- use hands and arms to reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and manipulate materials and tools
- walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, stoop, crawl, and climb constantly throughout the shift
- reach, bend, twist, rotate, push and pull frequently
- work in confined spaces
- work independently as well as a team player
- climb up and down ladders
- Must be able to perform tasks wearing required PPE such as but not limited to: protective clothing, safety glasses/goggles, steel-toed shoes, etc...
- Must be able to perform tasks such as climbing, lifting and standing for long periods of time
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
Location of Role
- Yonkers, NY
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.