The College/Career ECE Department is seeking an enthusiastic individual to evaluate and grade subjective exams. The grader is responsible for providing instructional support through constructive, focused feedback to ensure students meet established learning objectives. The grader’s primary function is to review and grade subjective assignments to assist students in achieving their educational goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Objectively and accurately evaluate subjective exams for ECE programs against established grading keys and rubrics.
- Provide clear, effective, and constructive feedback to students that helps them see what needs improvement, as well as what was done well.
- Complete necessary steps to ensure that exam feedback is uploaded for students and grades are properly recorded.
- Participate in special grading projects as needed.
- Grade assignments within five days of submission.
- Respond to internal emails within 24 hours during the week and within 48 hours on the weekend.
- Participate in accreditation as needed.
- Participate in all policies required by Penn Foster including but not limited to Professional Development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or closely related discipline.
- Teaching or tutoring experience.
- Online teaching or tutoring experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to troubleshoot minor technical issues to ensure student work can be graded in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, think critically, and communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Must have access to high-speed Internet and use personal PC/Mac.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We encourage underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, parking & commuter benefits, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.