OBJECTIVE: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all Human Resources functions for the company, including HR Administration, Recruiting and Staffing, Compliance, Benefits, Compensation, and Worker’s Compensation.
SUPERVISES: Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources Training Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development, administration, and communication of all company Human Resources policies and procedures, including the company policies and procedures manual, the employee handbook, and benefit summaries.
- Develop department goals and objectives. Implement new policies and procedures as necessary and appropriate.
- Implement and annually update the company compensation program, including establishing pay ranges, and evaluating the merit pay program and the company incentive compensation plan.
- Manage the benefits program, including plan negotiation during annual renewal, open enrollment, ongoing monthly enrollment, compliance with all federal and state regulations, and researching and implementing new programs.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations, including FLSA, HIPAA, ERISA, OSHA, COBRA, EEO, ADA, FDA, and GMP.
- Manage the recruiting process for new employees, both exempt and non-exempt, including writing all recruitment ads and determining the most effective venue for advertising, and performing initial screening of applicants. Conduct reference checks and prior employment verification of applicants. Maintain recruiting page on the company website. Coordinate summer internship program. Represent the company at career fairs.
- Provide training on Human Resources related topics.
- Responsible for all employee relations, including employee complaints, harassment issues, ADA compliance, employee conflicts, disciplinary actions, and employee termination/exit.
- Administer company employee recognition/incentive and service awards programs.
- Manage company performance evaluation program, ensuring management compliance with review due dates. Provide monthly reports to managers of reviews due. Review and update program as necessary and appropriate.
- Create and analyze reports, including turnover, headcount, recruiting costs and timeline, overtime, benefits costs, incentive compensation, etc.
- Oversee the weekly timecard verification for hourly employees, ensuring all time to be paid is accurate.
- Update data and run reports in the HRIS as needed.
- Participate on the company Safety Committee.
- Administer company worker’s compensation program, including the filing of all claims, annual reporting, claims analysis, and return-to-work programs.
- Create and update all company job descriptions. Review all job descriptions biennially for accuracy and compliance with the FLSA, ADA, and GMP, and to evaluate compensation ranges.
- Maintain company organization chart.
- Supervise Human Resources Coordinator.
- Adhere to company safety requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) designation preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet established timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience in a FDA regulated manufacturing facility preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP regulations preferred.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to bend at waist.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location