Housing Coordinator – Take Me Home, West Virginia
WVSU Metro Area Agency on Aging is actively seeking an energetic, detail oriented, personable individual to join the Take Me Home, West Virginia team! Take Me Home (TMH), West Virginia is a program of the West Virginia Bureau for Medical Services.
Reporting to the Take Me Home, West Virginia Director, the Housing Coordinator will serve as principal contact for program issues related to housing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist/locate appropriate community housing for TMH participants;
- Develop and maintain networks of housing stakeholders and providers;
- Conduct training and supervise staff of 4 TMH Housing Specialists located throughout the state;
- Develop outreach and education materials related to housing;
- Mitigate/Resolve housing-related issues on behalf of TMH participants;
- Recommend corrective action plans and implements solutions for housing-related issues;
- Manage TMH Housing Committee meetings, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Social or Behavioral Science, public administration, health administration or other related field.
- 3+ years of experience in affordable housing, property market, fair market rents, fair housing laws, housing rights for people with disabilities and/or other related fields.
- Knowledge of Medicaid programs, state and federal healthcare laws and home and community-based waiver programs preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Must be able to set goals and develop and implement performance improvement plans, if necessary, for Housing Specialist staff.
- Proficient in word processing applications and document management software.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
WVSU Metro Area Agency on Aging is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charleston, WV 25301: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please provide a phone number and email that you can be reached at
Work Location: One location