Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position provides housekeeping services for guest rooms and public areas at The Inn at Ole Miss. The incumbent cleans and services guest rooms and other areas such as corridors, restrooms, lobby, and offices to provide a clean and welcoming environment for guests.
Examples of Work Performed
Cleans and services guest rooms and other assigned areas.
- Maintains sufficient stock and supplies to perform daily tasks.
- Dusts, sweeps, mops, and vacuums guest rooms and assigned areas.
- Cleans rest rooms, offices, and replenishes supplies.
- Picks up trash, empties garbage containers, and removes trash for disposal.
- Sanitizes trash containers as necessary to provide clean receptacles for guests.
- Cleans guest rooms, monitors for wear and tear, and reports any damage or repairs, as needed.
- Restocks amenity drawers on housekeeping carts with soaps, shampoos and lotions.
- Reports guest items left behind to front desk.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring Department.
1. Cleans and maintains guest rooms, public areas, corridors and restrooms.
2. Maintains stock and supplies to perform daily tasks.
3. Reports any maintenance issues for repair or replacement.
Ability to read, write, and understand basic instructions.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
EEO StatementThe University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.