Baker Group, the Midwest s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding its team of more than 800 dedicated professionals. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in developing and deploying a variety of systems for commercial and industrial clients. With special expertise in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Electrical, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control, Fire Alarm design and 24/7/365 Service, our team includes the breadth of skills required in the construction of highly technical, special-use buildings like hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities and research laboratories. To learn more about our company and our career opportunities, please visit www.thebakergroup.com.
Do you care about people and possess a passion for service? Do you love what you do and leap at the opportunity to solve complex challenges with equal parts creativity and teamwork? Are you mentally tough and excited by the prospect of exceeding expectations? Do you proudly take ownership in your work in a way that pushes you to partner with leadership to accomplish long-term goals and move your organization forward? If your answer to these questions is a resounding Yes! we want to visit with you about a career at the Baker Group.
This position is performed under direct supervision. Generally, these tasks are low-skilled work with or without hand tools at the direction of his or her supervisor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Clean work area and restock supplies and materials.
- Deliver tools, materials or equipment.
- Stage materials.
- Clean company vehicles.
- Sweep work areas.
- Pick up trash.
- Clean tools.
- Organize work area.
- Help with snow removal.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- High school graduate or GED.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have valid driver s license.
- Must have good driving record.
- Must be willing to sign up as an entry level helper with one of our union affiliates.
- A contingency for employment may require successfully passing a background investigation.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Take directions from journeyman and follow through with given tasks.
- Must be dependable. (Show up and ready to work on time.)
- Need to be able to communicate with leaders and co-workers.
- Adhere to all company & customer safety policies.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50+ pounds.
At any given time, may be exposed to:
- Exposure to weather, heat, cold
- Wet &/or humid
- Exposure to dust/fumes
- Noise intensity – Loud
- Proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to electrical shock
- Working in high/exposed places
- Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
*Cares about People* *Love What We do* *Mentally Tough* *Own it*