Merriman's Honolulu is hiring Greeters!
More money and more fun? The goal at Merriman's is to provide the best guest experience in the world. That means our product isn't just great food, drinks and service, it's a great time. When your product is "a great time", it means that YOU are having a great time too. If you enjoy connecting with people and having fun, please join our team!
The Greeter is responsible for delivering exceptional guest service upon arrival at restaurant as well as communicating effectively with management, co-workers, and guests. Successful performance will be measured by meeting or exceeding established requirements.
Pay & Benefits
- $25-$30 to start. Base Pay of $15/hr + Tips of $10-$15/hr
- Medical, Dental, Vision, ST and LT Disability and Life Insurance available
- 401(k) Plan eligibility after 1 year
- PTO: Accrue up to 40 hours during years 1 and 2, 80 hours after year 3 and 120 hours after year 4.
- 50% Employee Discount (applies to other Merriman’s and Handcrafted Restaurants as well)
- Daily family meal
- Education Benefits: Educational wine classes, Programs for sommelier testing (test costs covered by Merriman’s), Farm tours
All Merriman's Employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19. Medical or religious exemption requests will be considered.
Essential Functions - What will you be doing?
- Provide exceptional guest service
- Greet each guest professionally in person and on the phone
- Estimate wait times for scheduled and unscheduled reservations
- Answer the telephone promptly and professionally
- Handle general complaints and refer customer service issues to the manager on duty
- Perform a variety of tasks related to assisting restaurant operations, including but not limited to: answering telephones, calling out and confirming daily reservations, advising guests of all hours, promotions, menu items, and other pertinent information, calling out shuttles, taxi’s, and other means of transportation for all guests, and provide directions
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Must be willing and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Good judgment and the ability to multi-task
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with guests, co-workers, and management
- Computer knowledge including but not limited to point-of-sale systems and data entry
- Ability to arrive on time to work and being able to work a flexible schedule, including nights weekends, and holidays. Most greeter shifts are 4-5 hours long.
- Previous restaurant or hospitality experience preferred
Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to continuously walk, stand, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill all tasks
- Requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, and climbing
- Continuous walking and or standing throughout the day; must be able to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours or duration of shift
- Able to work in all inclement weather such as in the sun, wind and or rain
- Near Vision - The ability to hear and see details at close range.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water