Job descriptionGlobal Loans VP- Closing
3217526POSTING DATE: Jun 16, 2022 PRIMARY LOCATION: Americas-United States of America-Maryland-Baltimore EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's Degree JOB: Other EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time JOB LEVEL: Vice President
DESCRIPTIONMorgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets. INSTITUTIONAL SECURITIES GROUP (ISG) PRODUCT OPERATIONS ISG Product Operations supports Morgan Stanley's clearing, trading, and financing operational processes. Our mandate is to deliver high value to our clients, both internal and external, in a controlled and commercially responsible manner. The organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO) as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Regulatory Control (ORRC) to deliver a connected front-to-back view of Operations to ISG Sales & Trading.
- Responsible for overseeing management of daily lifecycle of trade closing transactions within a dynamic portfolio of lending and trading positions supported by near shore and off shore resources
- Identifies requirements that fall outside of their scope and flags them accordingly.
- Promotes a culture of accountability and control and drives understanding, searches for lessons to be learned, and ensures full analysis when searching for answers to issues and problems, from a Business Unit and/ or Technology process point of view
- Identifies opportunities for achieving competitive advantage and thinks beyond current transaction/ issue to strengthen client relationships. Seen as an extension of a stakeholders? resource pool, keeps stakeholders informed of trends, issues, industry initiatives relevant to their business
- Ensure accurate and efficient approval of trade closing documentation
- Ensure that trade documents are prepared and executed appropriately, trades are booked in Loan IQ according to information on executed trade documents, and preparation of trades booked in Loan IQ
- Review of legal documentation where applicable (Trade Confirmation, Assignment and Assumption Agreements and Funding Memos)
- Work with Sales/Trading, Controllers, GCM and other internal teams on issues with P&L; etc.
- Preparation and monitoring of metrics pertaining to Par Loan settlement
- Periodic updates of policies and procedures
- Responsible for analyzing data, recognizing trends, formalizing conclusions, and presenting synthesized data to management
- Knowledge of loan markets, specifically Par Loan markets desired
- Previous Management experience preferred
- Experience with handling amendments, restructurings and other typical Par loans activities
- Able to meet tight deadlines and has an execution-focused approach
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive change and improve efficiencies on the team
- Self-motivated and willing to assume extended responsibility
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Can identify key control points within a process, and then provide assessment of the preventative and detective control
- LoanIQ and ClearPar system knowledge and trade closing and or trading desk exposure
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Jordan Valley Medical Center West Jordan, UT 84088 30+ days ago