Why Field & Main?
· Strong reputation for high quality, locally sourced, internationally influenced cuisine
· Award winning, high-quality craft cocktail program focused on seasonal ingredients. Small, intimate bar with a good blend of local regulars and out of town visitors. Strong room for growth.
· Proven track record of commitment to excellence with multiple appearances in Tom Sietsema’s Dining Guide, Northern Virginia Magazine, Washingtonian, and others.
· Wine Spectator award-winning wine program with ample opportunity to grow wine knowledge and learn directly from Chef, Owner, and Sommelier Neal Wavra.
· An a la carte and tasting menu that can change daily based on the available produce and offerings from local producers available throughout the restaurant including bar seating.
· Field & Main is located in the quaint town of Marshall, 1 hour west of Washington, DC, amidst horse and wine country, surrounded by the farmers, artisans, and producers that supply the majority of its menu.
· There is a warm and welcoming energy found in the charming 200-year-old building that houses Field & Main. Each dining room offers a unique experience including the cozy upstairs bar, romantic outdoor private dining cabanas, and casual garden patio seating.
· We are currently open 4 dinner services each week (Thursday - Sunday) plus ancillary private dining groups and events. Each service is organized and fast-paced while also allowing space to connect with guests and provide them with a truly memorable experience.
· The team at Field & Main prides itself on communication, camaraderie, and a unified focus on offering the best experience each shift not only for guests but for their teammates.
· Our mission is to practice the art of hospitality using food and drink to build relationships that foster community. To support this mission Field & Main offers:
o Training and growth opportunities to further the team’s development
o A comfortable, yet refined level of service
o A schedule that allows for work-life balance and the rest that is required in order to offer consistent, high quality of service
o A nurturing, focused environment that aims to grow and support staff while holding team members accountable for maintaining a high standard of service
- Must be available to work nights and weekends.
- Must have 3+ years of bartending experience at fine dining restaurants.
- Knowledge of food, wine and spirit and an ability to communicate that information to guests.
- Bring a positive attitude and willingness to learn, contribute, and grow within a team environment.
· Competitive pay, training opportunities for growth and development
· Organized, system-focused, comfortable environment
· IRA matching, vacation pay, daily family meal, employee discounts, team events
· Remuneration for wine, spirit, and other educational programs
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $1,000.00 - $1,500.00 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fine dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Masks are optional for guests and staff. Common areas are sanitized regularly.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Marshall, VA 20115: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location