We are an award-winning Bariatric Practice. Our practice is based on providing exemplary customer service, while assisting patients to achieve their weight loss goals. Our team consists of 20 skilled bariatric surgeons with years of experience. We use innovative new solutions to successfully get our patients on the path to improved health.
We understand our patient’s surgery is a chance for a healthier lifestyle and a new start, that is why our patients are offered the highest level of support from our medical staff in terms of post-surgery programs including counseling, dietary assistance, fitness and more, to help them enjoy a transformation in their lifestyle towards better eating habits, increased energy, and long-term health. We serve patients in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
We are a fast-paced growing practice that is always looking for new talent and great employees to enhance our team!
We are looking for a Front Office Assistant to join our ASC team!
· Verifies insurance prior to patient's arrival
· Obtains pre-certification from insurance companies for procedures that require pre-certification.
· Check eligibility & benefits
· Requests office notes from referring physician if needed for Authorization.
· Calculating and Informing patients of amount due
· Communicating with the Physician's Office
· Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patients chart
· Daily preparation of charts for next day's surgeries
· Preparation of medical consents for each chart prepared
· Knowledge of health care financing and Medical Collections preferred.
· Liaison between center and NYBG billing dept
· Confirm patient procedures/arrival times
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum 2-4 years of hospital or medical office experience required.
· Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
· Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
· Show a genuine desire to work and improve the center as a whole.
· Strong medical terminology.
· Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Paramus, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location