We’re looking for team members with a passion for artisan food who love trying new things. You will be part of an amazing and highly dynamic team dedicated and responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts or regions. Position requires complete understanding and ability to manage food costs successfully, grow revenue, merchandising, and public relations, and drive the team, quality, and consistency of product delivery.
COMPENSATION Aggressive, above-average salary, commission, bonuses, and sales incentives. Incredible vacation time
What does your day look like? Some of your duties may include:
Present, and sell local, artisanal, specialty food items to Cheesemonger, culinarians, and chefs. Invite clients to company events, communicate the latest technologies & online ordering platforms, and win company promotions in the form of monetary payouts and trips to culinary/artisan producer destinations around the globe.
- Cultivate relationships with artisan manufacturers in hopes of bringing exciting, new specialty items to GFI to offer to our customer base.
- Manage inherited customers and prospect new customers.
- Be your own boss, managing your daily schedule and seeing as many customers and new prospects as possible to generate and grow sales.
- Reap the benefits of sales growth through increased sales commissions.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Participate in marketing events such as cheese seminars, pastry classes, trade shows, and tasting/pairing events.
- Participate in specialty food product tastings to determine what items we will stock to offer our customers.
Other stuff we like:
- Strong relationship builder, fast communicator, ultra-organized, and deep passion for artisanal specialty foods.
- 2-5 years previous foodservice industry experience.
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Things that are a plus:
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Analytical, problem solving, and strategic planning skills.
- Experience working in large, complex multi-location and clients.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to recognize future trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
What we think you’ll love about Gourmet Foods International:
- Advancement Opportunities. We offer career advancement, including college reimbursement. We want to see you grow with the company.
- Keeping it fresh. Learn new things every from new technology to innovative new products we distribute.
- Teamwork. Work on a team that supports each other.
What else can we offer?
Gourmet Foods Benefits include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term, Long-Term Disability, and accident insurance. We also offer 401(k) with matching contributions, Profit Sharing, Competitive Salaries, Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) – up to 30 days per year, Paid Holidays, Free College Tuition, PAID Parental Leave, Professional Development Programs, and the opportunity to grow within the Company, Pay differential for night shift from 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM.