Job ID: 403025
West Virginia Paving, Inc., a CRH company, is one of West Virginia’s premier grading and paving contractors in the state. West Virginia Paving, Inc. performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete and more. Privately owned and operated until joining the CRH family in 2000, West Virginia Paving, Inc. has been servicing residents of West Virginia with the foremost paving services for decades. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, West Virginia Paving, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Employee will implement proper control of traffic for safe movement and protection of road crew and the public. Implementation of traffic control crew instructions and safety standards per state and federal safety policy requirements.
- Must partner with other crewmembers to setup and provided traffic control plan specifications as instructed by Traffic Control Supervisor and/or crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Physical ability to move traffic control equipment, stand and walk under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift 8-12 hours.
- Must be properly trained in flagging techniques, alert, good eyesight, quick reflexes, promote good public relations and have thorough understanding of the work zone.
- May perform other related traffic control duties, such as installing, setting in place, and repairing traffic signals, erecting signs and traffic devices such as traffic islands and barriers.
- Ability to physically withstand labor and long hours associated with heavy highway construction.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
What CRH Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
West Virginia Paving, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.