Job descriptionPosition Summary
Supervises and oversees high quality fitness, sports, and camp programming and operation of fitness and gymnasium areas at Thrive. This is accomplished by developing, planning, promoting, implementing, and supervising all aspects of fitness, sports, and camp programs. Routinely interacts with members, volunteers, City officials, employees and the general public and supervising assigned recreation staff. Other duties will include performing administrative and technical tasks, developing long-range program goals, managing revenues and expenditures, and providing support to the Thrive Manager.
Open to work shifts during the following hours of operation:
M-TH 5AM - 10 PM, FRI 5 AM - 8 PM, SAT 8AM- 7 PM and SUN 9 AM - 7 PM,
Schedule varies including early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Embodies The Lewisville Way and regularly references The Lewisville Way while leading staff and handling member concerns.
- Manages fitness, sports, and camp programs including, but not limited to group fitness, personal training, summer camp, holiday camp, sports programs, other related programs and events.
- Evaluates participant feedback of all assigned programs, makes recommendations for improvements, and ensures quality standards are met.
- Monitors and identifies related programming trends and community needs.
- Identifies, targets, attracts, recruits and hires high quality contract instructors and personal trainers.
- Ensures all contract instructors maintain current background check and processes payments in a timely manner.
- Generates monthly program enrollment and revenue reports for Thrive.
- Prepares program content and content requests for the LEAF brochure.
- Routinely inspects, develops and implements preventative maintenance and replacement plans for all fitness and gymnasium equipment.
- Submits work orders through designated software system and oversees the completion of needed repairs.
- Assists with the development and implementation of Thrive’s budget.
- Ensures expenditures are in accordance with City-established financial principles and adherence to effective internal controls.
- Manages programming and marketing practices, policies, and systems necessary to achieve Thrive’s strategic goals.
- Regularly reviews content available on online related to Thrive’s programming to ensure information stays relevant. Sites include, but are not limited to: Customer registration portal, City website, Facebook, and other social media.
- Participates with development and implementation of operational standards, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as Manager on Duty on a rotating schedule as needed.
- Works various shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree with major course work in recreation, health, fitness, sports management, or related field preferred. Every two years of related job experience may substitute for one year of the required education.
3 years related experience including supervisory experience.
A Certified Park and Recreation Professional is preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
Knowledge of creative program planning and the use of resources and contacts.
- Detail and results oriented, highly motivated, analytical thinker and able to work independently.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Possess a desire to achieve goals and maximize member opportunities.
- Ability to respond quickly to problems or accidents.
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly working a flexible schedule, working days, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with facility staff, members, vendors and volunteers.
- Ability to identify recreational needs in the community and to evaluate programs.
- Skill in use of personal computer including Microsoft Office, Open Office or similar word processing programs, e-mail and the internet.
- Possess a strong customer service focus and respond professionally to request and inquiries from guests, members and staff.
- Ability to utilize a variety of advisory data and information, such as CPR and first aid guides, work schedules, reservation software, employee training manual and City policies and procedures manuals.
- CPR/AED certification must be obtained within six months of hire date.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class “C” and good driving record as defined by City policy.
The City provides a full complement of benefits: Texas Municipal Retirement System, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan with a City match into a 401(a), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, and Long Term Disability Insurance, up to four weeks paid vacation, fifteen days paid sick leave, and nine paid holidays.