- Meet Stride
- Success Stories
- Responsibility and Inclusion
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting for multiple Business Units. This position will research, collect, review and monitor financial data in order to build timely and accurate financial models that are able to increase company profit through enhancements of operational efficiencies and resource utilization. This person is someone who has excellent problem solving skills, thrives in a challenging environment, energetic, flexible, and self-motivated.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Perform general ledger accounting and financial support activities
- Budget and cost reviews including analyzing variances between actuals, forecast, and plan, use insight to iterate on forecasts and push for operational improvements
- Update forecasting and budget projections regularly
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
- Financial analysis and modeling — pull and consolidate large data sets, build models from scratch and improve existing ones
- Provides accurate and appropriate materials to meet the monthly close timeline
- Prepare and present compelling presentations to Senior Executives to help drive decision making and profitability
- Documents key financial processes, identifies and implements process improvements
- Collaborate with business leads to summarize and analyze key data
- Ability to consolidate large sets of analytical data and present in an easily interpreted format to drive better business decisions
- Special projects — Lead special analyses and run projects to assist leadership with decision making
- Support School Finance group with Stride and school financial policies, internal controls, and business processes
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or relevant field AND
- Two (2) years in relevant experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience and knowledge in several functions within Finance (Budgeting, Consolidation, Performance Reporting and financial analysis)
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Able to work well as part of a team Customer service orientation
- Possess very good communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to pass required background check
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $44,132 to $69,686. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- What is your desired salary for this position?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Accounting or Finance: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote