We Are Hiring Immediately!
We are looking for great candidates to join our team and start on May 17th for a weeklong PAID training.
Outback Therapeutic Expeditions is offering a life changing career in wilderness therapy! Our team is looking for dynamic field staff from all walks of life to inspire and guide our students. Our Field Staff team members are mentors that invite change in our 13 to 17 year old students. Helping them develop resilience, critical thinking, and healthy coping skills to lead healthy lives!
We'd love to hear from you and see if this is a good fit!
- Easy to manage work/life balance with a schedule working 9.5 days followed by 11.5 completely off! (around 200 days off per year!)
- Pay is competitive with Wilderness best practice with an opportunity to earn up to $245/day (with experience)
- Professional development funds are available
- Medical, vision, dental benefits, 401k
- Advancement opportunities available
- Hiking, learning primitive skills and engaging in therapeutic learning daily
- Paid Training
- We have several dogs that are a part of our program that you will be interacting with daily
- Age 21 minimum
- Standard First Aid and CPR certified (can get certified in house prior to start date)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience with youth required (21 days wilderness work, 60 days paid work or 90 days volunteer work with a church or other organization while you were 18 years or older)
- Are physically able to maintain visual and auditory awareness of youth for safety
For more information about our great program, check out our website at www.OutbackTreatment.com
We hope to hear from you soon!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $197.00 - $245.00 per day
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
We are committed to keep our staff and students as safe as possible. We require wearing masks for those who are not vaccinated, heightened hygiene, and social distancing. We follow CDC guidelines and ask employees to follow these!
- Can you pass a Background Criminal Investigation (BCI) with the State of Utah?
- Are you looking for a Full Time or Summer Seasonal position?
- When are you looking to move into a new position?
- Our current rotations are 9.5 days on and 11.5 days off. Do you understand this schedule? Do you understand that the shift means Field Guides are out camping/hiking with the groups the entire time without personal cell phones?
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location