The Facilities Manager is responsible for providing support for the restaurants and participate in and/or provide leadership to Facilities-related efforts for the brand's Reimage/Remodel program. Build and maintain a strong and positive relationship with operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and document the CAPEX and R&M needs of all assigned facilities; making recommendations/decisions to prioritize expenditure on CAPEX and R&M projects.
- Conduct Bi-Annual site inspections for specific geographic region
- Serve as "technical expert" for restaurant managers and area directors concerning repair and maintenance & equipment replacement issues, providing the necessary direction or ownership as required for resolution.
- Negotiate and/or provide QA for all scheduled services (HVAC/refrigeration, exhaust hood cleaning, fire suppression systems, grease trap maintenance, etc.).
- Attract, develop, qualify & monitor regional contractor/vendor base to support restaurant operations.
- Act as a liaison between field teams, operations and the support services group initiatives and brand-wide roll outs.
- Lead project management for all scheduled R&M. and smaller scope remodel projects
- Manage all planned work to company-defined budgets
- Ensure that the proper financial controls are in place and are used for bidding, capital submission, and work justification
- Develop strong relationships with the Ops Leaders by providing ongoing updates for projects, vendor performance, financial support and education
- Manage the execution of maintenance, equip. replacement, and construction of CAPEX and R&M projects.
- Manage construction of new units, expansions, and remodel projects as needed
- Manage the activities of GC's, Architects, Engineers, Service Techs, Vendors, etc. to assure all projects stay on schedule and budget
- Assist other members of the Development/Construction department on special projects as needed
- Assist the Development Manager in planning, logistics, and install of décor items and FF&E for all projects
- Assist in V.E. efforts for all projects
- Travel as needed to all assigned facilities and construction projects
- Working knowledge of Facilities, Construction, Service Models, Finance and Operations
- Analytical Skills: Facilities managers must look at a lot of different information and make decisions based on needs and budget concerns.
- Communication: Facilities managers talk to their employees, and work with management to make sure the job gets done. Being able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary.
- Attention to Detail: Quality control is a large part of a facilities manager's job. Making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are discovered, is key.
- Leadership Skills: Facilities managers must motivate and coordinate employees.
Educational/ Training Requirements:
- College Degree preferred or Equivalent Experience
- 10+ years of restaurant facilities management or other related experience.
The job requires travel 20%to 30% of the time
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Employee will be required to walk, crawl, crouch, climb ladders and be comfortable with heights in order to perform inspection duties.
The company reserves the right to revise or change this job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and developing a high-quality, restaurant operating company by focusing on our key values, our team and our strategic part.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19'
'Work Remotely * Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: Remote