Job descriptionAbout KinderCare Education ® KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare® Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions® before and after-school programs.
Perform full range of administrative duties in support of department functions and provide assistance to department personnel and all other National Support Center groups or stakeholders as directed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to members of the department in an efficient and professional manner, including but not limited to: preparing general correspondence and reports; maintaining highly organized filing system (paper and electronic) for quick and efficient reference; maintenance and coordination of complex schedules, meetings, travel arrangements, and expense reports; telephone call management and routing; ordering office supplies and maintaining computer related hardware and software systems.
- Maintain and update all records and sources of data or information including printed materials and web site links as directed
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of updated documentation to facilitate training of staff and other key stakeholders on department projects, processes and strategies
- Assist with special department projects including conferences and events
- Based on availability, assist other departments as needed or requested
- Model courteous, professional and helpful customer service by taking ownership of issues referred to the department, directing them to the appropriate individual or resource, and following up to ensure resolution
- Foster and maintain effective partnerships with internal customers, ensuring that there is a high level of engagement and support across all functions
- Maintain confidentiality of department initiatives and projects as directed; if uncertain, ask before sharing information
- Support with administration of employee onboarding and exits (laptop, email, systems setup, etc.)
- Determine the need and coordinate the ordering of all supplies for the department
- Coordinate IT/Facilities support for computer, office equipment, and maintenance issues
- Coordinate and deliver key departmental communication
- Support periodic client reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in an executive administrative role requiring a high level of organization, autonomous decisions, customer service, and confidentiality
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Requires high level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Access and familiarity with Hyperion desirable
- Must be able to quickly prioritize and direct multiple requests to the appropriate individual(s)
Our highest priority has always been to keep our employees, children, families, and communities as safe and healthy as possible. Starting October 18, 2021, we began requiring COVID vaccinations or weekly COVID testing for all unvaccinated employees who are required to be in a KinderCare Education community space or workspace to perform their work (center, National Support Center, and offsite meeting environments). We are also subject to state law, local ordinances, and Health Department requirements for employees working in child care and school facilities.
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings®, and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Primary Location : Portland, Oregon, United States
Job : Corporate