Excellence, Teamwork, Leadership and Innovation. These are the values that define UConn Health, and we are looking for team members that share these same values. Our top rated organization is looking to add an Executive Assistant to the Connecticut Convergence Institute to our growing team. If you have a background in this field, as well as a passion for customer and patient experience, we want to hear from you.
Works under the limited supervision of an employee of higher grade.
May lead/supervise lower employees as assigned.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS OFFERED:
Industry-leading health insurance options and affordability
Generous vacation and sick-time plans
Multi-channel retirement options (pension and match options)
Tuition waiver and reimbursement for employees and qualified family members
Quick commute access from I-84, Rte 9 and surrounding areas
State of the art facility and campus environments
Progressive leadership and educational development programs available
Schedule: 40 hrs per week, Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm with a 30 minue unpaid mea break
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1) OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Plans office workflow and determines priorities; may schedule, assign, oversee and review work; establishes and maintains office procedures; provides staff training and assistance; may conduct or assist in conducting performance evaluations; assists in interviewing and hiring of support staff;
2) REPORT WRITING: Complies information from a variety of sources and prepares narrative or statistical reports, exercising judgement in the items to be included.
3) CORRESPONDENCE: Composes complex correspondence for own or supervisors signature.
4) INTERPERSONAL: Acts as liaison with faculty, agencies and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; acts as a resource to staff; acts for department head by interpreting established policies and procedures; troubleshoots by relieving supervisor of as much administrative detail as possible. Acts for and regularly makes decisions in the supervisors absence within prescribed limits of authority.
5) PERSONAL ASSISTANT: Arranges and coordinates meetings for international organizations; researches, assembles and coordinates meeting materials; makes complex travel arrangements; coordinates faculty appointment and promotion procedures; maintains calendars;
Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
Considerable knowledge of office administration and management; considerable knowledge of the department's policies and procedures; considerable knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling; considerable knowledge of business communications; knowledge of business math; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; ability to operate office equipment which may include word processors, computer terminals or other automated equipment; some supervisory ability.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Four (4) years of experience above the routine clerk level in office support or secretarial work.
One (1) years of the General Experience must have been at a level comparable to Administrative Program Assistant 2.
College training in the Secretarial Sciences may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of 15 semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
Full Time Equivalent Minimum Salary : $64,875.00
Why UConn Health
UConn Health is a vibrant, integrated academic medical center that is entering an era of unprecedented growth in all three areas of its mission: academics, research, and clinical care. A commitment to human health and well-being has been of utmost importance to UConn Health since the founding of the University of Connecticut schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine in 1961. Based on a strong foundation of groundbreaking research, first-rate education, and quality clinical care, we have expanded our medical missions over the decades. In just over 50 years, UConn Health has evolved to encompass more research endeavors, to provide more ways to access our superior care, and to innovate both practical medicine and our methods of educating the practitioners of tomorrow.